Thursday, September 30, 2010

Playhouse or Firehouse????

We are making more changes to our playhouse out back.
The slide was WAY too steep!
No one liked to go down it, cause they would end up with a bruised bum!
So we had to fix that...and make a few other changes...
So this is about halfway done.
The railing is actually up, but it was too late and too dark by the time we got that up, that I don't have a picture.
But the most exciting addition...
THE FIRE POLE!!!
They haven't been able to try it cause the cement isn't dry yet...
But they are so excited to have it on there.
We are gonna put the stairs on the other side of the slide...we haven't decided if we will do MORE stairs, or just move the existing ones..
We will see.
I have really cute fabric to make curtains and stuff...
And the whole thing needs to be painted.
Don't be surprised if I post one day with a RED Firehouse playhouse!
Under the new platform is a great little area for Elsie...so I am sure we will do something fun under there for her.
And don't sorry...I will be sure to update any broken bones due to that fire pole!

5 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! I vote for more stairs. You can never have enough stairs! :)

Emily Peterson said...

WOW!! It's looking great!!! FUN, Fun, Fun!!!

Young family said...

What a great idea! A little change will make for more and more hours of fun!

MegJill said...

Can't wait to see it finished! It is already so adorable.
Just be careful, as I'm sure you are, but when I was in elementary school there was a fire pole with cement at the bottom. Much, much higher than yours. Anyway, one day a boy named Bobby fell from the top and all I remember is the screaming, him laying there, the mess of red and that he never came back to school again. Actually, he came back for a few hours the next year but he just sat there and didn't move. I'm not saying this to scare you. I don't know why I'm telling you, cause I know you are one of the best mommies out there! Just mys scary fire pole story I guess. :)

The Holdaway Family said...

Looks great! Hopefully it will help the little bums not get bruised!