Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I did it...

I let THIS little boy...
Cry the night away.
********
This boy is spoiled by his Mommy dear.
I know it.
I am aware that my adorable rotten boy is ADORABLY ROTTEN!
But two nights ago...he ruined our midnight dates.
I LOVE to have a little cuddle with him in the middle of the night.
Yes, I know it is my fault that he still gets up.
Well...two nights ago...he was up...he stayed up...he was goofy and wired, and didn't want cuddling...and wouldn't go back to sleep.
I wanted sleep.
So I made an executive decision.
No more seeing me during the night.
I have tried to let him cry himself back to sleep before...but it just breaks my heart to hear him calling my name in such a sad little voice.
But I think he made me mad enough two nights ago, that it helped me through last night.
That is when I made him cry himself back to sleep.
It took an hour....
It was a sad hour.
Yes, I wanted to hold him and cuddle him...but in my head I thought...
"It is either an hour of him crying himself back to sleep and I go back to sleep, or I get up and down and up and down for 2-3 hours."
I thought the one hour was a better option.
I plan to let it happen again tonight.
I hope he gets the hang of it and just DOESN'T wake up.
I am sure that will happen.
Cause really, what almost 2 year old doesn't sleep through the night???
So it is about time.
And he still loved me this morning after I made him cry himself to sleep.
So I am sure he will continue to love me if I make him do it again tonight, right?
***************
Elsie went to school and again and had an awesome time.
She cried for just a minute when she got there...but had a great day and even came home on the bus.
And she loved that!
And she came home and had another sweet card in the mail from Grandma Na and Papa P.
She was very excited.
She is a big fan of getting stuff in the mail.
Thanks to everyone for spoiling her while she was recovering.
It really helped us a lot!

2 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

Good for you. Sometimes being a parent is heartbreaking. Thank goodness those little ones still love us!

Bald n Beautiful said...

You can do it! It only takes a couple nights and your done. Now David gets up and comes in our room, that is our new problem. You can't have him cry it out because he is right there. He is finally getting better and I hope he continues. I do not function well getting up every night.