Friday, August 27, 2010

Pardy-Hardy!!!

Today we had a friends birthday party for Madi Bell.
We went to the pool, and I was worried about the weather being only 78 vs. the 102 we had yesterday...
But it was perfect, first of all because NO ONE was at the pool.
Which makes it easy to keep track of kids.
Our friends were Chloe, Star, Kara, Taryn and Aubree.
They had a lot of fun at the pool.
We headed home and opened presents and ate pizza.
Then Cassi played "Happy Birthday" for the group.
She is doing very good on the guitar.

Madi was very proud to show off her little sister, she even told her to keep playing and to play "Twinkle Twinkle".
Very sweet.

Then we had cake and ice cream.
The cake was a lot of fun.
Madi and I worked on it together.
The fondant actually worked this time...which was exciting!
I can't wait to do more!
Madi had the idea for the flowers around the top...I just think it turned out really cute...(just don't look at the sunken-down middle of the cake).
Madi's NINTH birthday is on Sunday...that is just so crazy to me!!!
It has been forever since we have had a friend birthday party for her...so I am glad she got to have one this year.
Now my plan is to make a book for her with all the pictures I took from today...which was A LOT of pictures!!!

3 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

Looks like it was a LOT of fun!!! The cake is adorable!! And how sweet that Madi had Cass keep playing guitar!

Mrs. G said...

That cake is awesome! I hope it tasted as good as it looks.

Books = Possibilities said...

Happy birthday, Madi! And great job Cass! Would love to hear Cass playing!