Monday, August 30, 2010

First day of SCHOOL!!!!

Oh man...I can't wait to get back into a nice school routine!
This summer was way too crazy for me...and too crazy for any kind of organization...
So my goal now...now that I will have OODLES (ha ha) of time on my hand...is to organize my house and finish the many millions of projects I have to finish, or yet to start...
*********
The girls were both very excited to start school today.
Madi had a nervous stomach a couple days ago, but Dad talked her through it and the anxiety was gone.
Cassi kept telling Porter and Elsie that they didn't get to eat lunch with her anymore, cause she got to eat at school.
And it would be a long time before they could see her cause she would be at school ALL DAY!
There wasn't a nervous bone in her body. Madi's first day of 4th grade!!!

Cassi's first day of 1st grade!!!

We got to school...among the many other millions of parents.
We found where Cassi should line up and dropped off her backpack...
Then went around the school to find Madi's place...we found the class window, but no backpacks...that is when she started to stress, she didn't know what she was supposed to do or where she was supposed to go...
Then the bell rang, she saw a girl in her class and decided to follow her.
Crisis averted...yay!

Well, now we were all the way around the school, and we had to run to get Cassi to her line-up spot...
But I had Elsie and Porter with me...so I picked them both up, and we ran...
When we got there, Cassi's class was just about to start walking in, and her class started yelling, "There's Cassi, There she is..."
Like a little cheering section waiting for Cassi.
She was so happy to get there, big smile on her face, grabbed her backpack and went with the class.
I think it worked out well.
I think if she would have stood in line, that is when she starts getting nervous...but running to class, she didn't have time to get worried...
That is just my opinion anyway...
But I am glad everything went so good this morning.
***********
Elsie got to go see her teachers today too...but she won't go to school until she recovers from her tonsillectomy.
We have to be there tomorrow at 8:30..my biggest worry is not giving her anything to eat of drink in the morning...
I hope she sleeps in.
Anyway...I am sure everything will go great...but just in case, keep little Elsie in your prayers.
Thanks.

4 comments:

jessica Smith-fisher said...

I hope all goes well for Elsie and you tomorrrow!

Amy said...

Your big girls looked beautiful on their first day of school! --and good luck to Elsie (and you) tomorrow. We'll say a prayer for her!

Brittany said...

Good luck tomorrow! You will most definately be in our prayers.

Tell Madi and Cass that they looked adorable on their first day of school!

Nicole said...

your kids always have the cutest clothes.. where do you get them?