Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Elsie is a ROCK STAR!!!

Elsie did great today...
We got to the center at 8:30...we didn't get called back until about 10:15...but Elsie was a good girl.
Then they put her on a bed with some toys...we talked about the 'mask' and she got to put stickers on it...
They gave her a pretty princess crown.
Elsie loved telling us what she was doing today...by wrapping her hand around her throat.
They called us in right after she woke up...when she was still really woozy and drowsy...
The nurse wasn't able to get any ice chips in her...I tried and couldn't do it either.
Stubborn girl.
They moved us back tot he recovery room and we hung out here for a while trying to get her to drink something, eat ice chips, or eat a Popsicle...
She would have none of it.
They told us we could take her home, but we had to get her to drink something...
As we were up and ready to leave, the nurse asked Elsie to just try one sip...and she did.
Good girl, Elsie.
On the drive home she didn't seem interested in anything...she wouldn't even swallow, and I was worried about getting her to eat anything...
But we got home and I gave her a pink Popsicle and she ate it right away...I sat her down in front of Cailou, and she was a happy camper.
She had a couple Popsicles and Capri Sun and her lunch was ready.
She was very excited to eat her Mac and Cheese.
Good girl Elsie.
She was not happy about me giving her medicine to her...but she wasn't too angry with me.
I hope it just gets better each time I have to give it to her.
And I made a little lap table for her out of a diaper box.
I knew I would have a better chance of her eating and drinking if she could do it in front of the TV.
So wal-la...I made her a table.
********************
Just now she hopped up and told me she wants to jump.
She likes to jump from the couch onto the ottoman...
I told her she isn't supposed to be jumping around.
I hope all week goes this great!

7 comments:

Young family said...

We are so, so glad she did so well! She is such a cutie! And Great idea for the tv table.
Sorry again we couldn't watch Porter. The girls are doing a lot better today and are more than ready for school tomorrow!

The Holdaway Family said...

We love her so much! I hope she get through the next little bit with out too much pain!

Dustin said...

Good job elsie!

Chalisse Martineau said...

I am glad she is doing so well. Elsie is such a cutie!!!

Books = Possibilities said...

Oh yay, Elsie! I'm glad she is doing so well and hope her recovery is quick!

Jodi Gallagher said...

So glad all went well. She is such a cute girl. She sounds really tough too! :)

Jodi Gallagher said...

So glad all went well. She is such a cute girl. She sounds really tough too! :)