Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Yearly hat...

Every year, for the Peterson side reunion...we go fishing at Payson Lakes.
Madi spends the entire day with her Dad fishing.
It has become our little tradition for Madi to get a new fishing hat each year.
I think it is a fun thing to do...and they are always cheap little hats...
We got Madi her hat today.
She picked this lovely pink one.
I think she will look adorable fishing by her Dads side wearing this hat.
Don't feel bad for the others....
Cassi doesn't wear a hat, or fish, for more than 5 minutes...but she does get the old hat from last year.
And she is happy with that.
She swims and plays with the cousins the whole time that we are at the lake anyway.
And Elsie isn't much of a hat wearer yet...and I wish I could get Porter to wear a hat...but I am sure that Porter will join the tradition in a few year of sitting by dads side fishing...he can get his hat then.
I also take a picture of Madi and her Dad fishing together every year.
She has the 8x10's framed and hanging in her room.
I know they will be forever memories for her!

1 comment:

Jodi Gallagher said...

What a fun tradition! The pink hat is adorable on her! Great memories that she will treasure!