Sunday, June 13, 2010

Afternoon hike...

The original plan for this afternoon was to go visit Dad at the fire station...
But after many, MANY, warnings that they wouldn't go if they didn't behave, I finally had to make good on my word.
So we didn't visit Dad...
However, I shouldn't be punished with all four in the house all afternoon, right?
So we did take a stroll to the park.
About 30 min. before we left Cassi got this great idea that she was going to go on a hike.
She packed her little backpack with water, treats, games...many great things.
I asked her where she was going to go for a hike.
She answered back that she would hike in the field with Alex and Ayden and they would find cool things.
So we headed to the park...and they were right...they hiked...WAY out in the field.
I kept looking back to check on them, and they would have ventured off onto another patch of grass in the field.
After a very long time...they came back.
And Cassi pulled out the stuff they found on their 'hike'.
Cassi found a wood chip that looked like a carrot.
Ayden found a cool maroon colored leaf
Then there was another carrot looking wood chip.
All I know is they had a great time out there.
If I would have known that they would really go out there, and be out there for so long, I would have loved to stick a recorder in there...it would be fun to know what they sat and talked about in each spot on the grass.
I can hear Cassi giving some kind of history, or science lesson about this little carrot shaped wood chip.
She gets that from her Dad...

2 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

Sounds like it was a fun "hike"!!

Jodi Gallagher said...

I love the adventures kids can have any where!