Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I LOVE my shelves!!!

We have this space under the stairs that is just a waisted space.
We have tried many things under there...
It's most recent purpose was "Art room".
It held all the art supplies and a table where they could color.
But they would usually just grab the stuff and bring it out in the kitchen.
And it was always the place to throw things to get them out of sight.
It was really bad a lot of the time.
Un-usable.
My first WANT for this room was to tear down the wall that connected it to the laundry room and make a bigger laundry room.
But Brent says that stairs need 'supporting' walls...
So that dream was a no-go.
But then I thought of just covering one wall with shelves and using it for all things...
Art stuff, games, craft stuff, play-do, paints...etc...the works!
Well, now EVERYTHING has a place!!!
I am so in love with it...too bad it sits behind closed doors for no one to ever see!
Anyway...just wanted to share..
Isn't my hubby great?
Thanks so much for the shelves babe!

Here is a shot from a lower angle so you can see that the shelves go ALL the way up to the ceiling!!!

8 comments:

Sara said...

Ah-mazing!!! I love it!!

Erin said...

i am so jealous of your shelves! what a great use of space now :)

Amy said...

Niiiiice!!! I love things that help with organization... this looks great!!

MegJill said...

What nice storage! What room is the closet next to? Those shelves look wonderful! I'm already thinking of stuff I'd fill them up with. :)

aryn said...

Nice!!!!! Wow- you say you want something and your husband just grants it- just like that. That storage is going to be so very nice. What a guy!

Lyric Payne said...

Have I ever told you that we should do our own version of the show "swapping spouses"? Just for a week, and you can even have him back at night!!! You could get free dental work done!

Young family said...

They really look great! Good job Brent!

Jodi Gallagher said...

How Awesome!!!! Brent did a great job!