Thursday, April 15, 2010

Top readers!!!

I went and picked Cassi up from the bus stop and she comes out of the bus with a new book bag.
I asked her where she got it from.
Then she told me that she was the top reader in her class, and for the whole kindergarten. (From the schools read-a-thon)
And then she told me that Madi was ALSO the top reader of her class and also the third grade!
Yay!
Way to go girls!
We were so proud of the hard work they put toward their reading goals!
They both wish they won top reader for the school, cause they got a DVD player...but that just means they will be reading even more next year!
Along with the book bags they also got some free book certificates, free kids meal certificates, and lots of fun little things.
So we decided to take them out as a reward for their accomplishment.
We went to Chilies and it was a lot of fun.
****************************************
*I am Thankful that my kids got their Dads love of reading...and not my lack for love of reading!
*I am Thankful that tomorrow is Friday! This great weather makes me want to get out and do something really fun as a family!
*I am Thankful that I am almost done priming my chairs...it is becoming a slow process, but I am still very excited about the outcome!

3 comments:

Emily Peterson said...

Good job Cassi & Madi! Congratulations!!!!

Brooke said...

Whoo hoo girlies!!! I love reading too :-) THey are so stinkin cute. SAd we missed you guys....next time for sure....we'll trek it up to E-town to give you all BIG hugs!!

Amy said...

That really awesome that BOTH girls are such good, consistent readers!! You should be proud of them!