Monday, April 05, 2010

Back in the saddle again...

...well, kinda.
I wish teachers would ease back into homework...instead of being hit with all the usual stuff and MORE!
It is hard going from not having to make them do anything...to making them do A LOT!!!
Not so much for Cassi.
But with Madi...poor girl seems to have so much homework...
And maybe it just seems like a lot cause I am running around with the other kiddos and it just seems like chaos here!
But we got it done.
Porter was happy to sit and watch them do their homework...he is such a goof!
Elsie has spent a lot of time coloring lately...which is really good.
So we made it through the day...
Wish me luck tomorrow.
*****************************
Does anyone have any secret way to make your morning not so chaotic???
It is a mad house here.
Once they are gone I feel like throwing myself on the floor from exhaustion!
So I would love tips!
******************************
I forgot to mention that I followed the tutorial HERE for the girls dresses.
It was so easy...except for trying to figure out the sizes for the bigger girls!
But I think everyone should try it!
It is meant to make from a mans shirt...which I will do too...
But I made a few of my own changes.
I was happy with how they turned out!
For Porter's tie, I just pulled one of Brent's old ones apart, and went from there.
*******************************
*I am Thankful that I got 8 hours of sleep last night...my goal this week is to be in bed my 10:00 each night...
*I am Thankful for the sweet card and gifts from Grandma that the kids got in the mail today! They were so happy!
*I am Thankful the the first day of a very busy week is done and over...I need to try not to stress myself out!!! I am sure I can make it through the week!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

The dresses with the leggings are darling!!! As for mornings I would go ahead and through yourself on the floor and take 10 or 15 or.....

Jennece said...

Thank goodness for a good big sister and her example!! She gets her backpack out and gets it ready, pulls all her stuff that she wants for her lunch and sets it out and then she makes up her breakfast ahead of time, waffle batter ect. (obviously you can't do that with cereal,it would be soggy, yuck!) She also picks out her outfit for the next day has me sign papers the night before instead of in the morning. My kids have followed her example and the mornings have gone a lot smoother, thank goodness for her!

The Holdaway Family said...

My trick to a less stressful morning is to stay in bed!! Bailey has been helping so much the last few months. She gets the little ones milk, gets everyone cereal, gets dressed and makes sure that Morgan gets dressed. I really don't know what I would have done with out her! When I get up I just have to help them with their hair, which usually they do but I just smooth it out, and kiss them goodbye!

Malisa said...

Homework is definetly a double edged sword!! I know they need it but so hard on the kids and the parents when you have other kids to take care of and dinner and laundry and life and activities. I am so thankfull neither of my girls have alot of homework this year. We had one year that was horrible!I hope it gets better. And when you find the sure for crazy mornings, let me know! The kids clothes you made are adorable! Great job! You are so talented!!

Sara said...

Get as much done the night before as possible. I always have everyone's clothes set out and make sure diaper bag and backpack are ready. It makes a huge difference for me!