Saturday, March 20, 2010

Cards from Grandma!!!

Isn't it great to get REAL mail???
Each of my girls got their very own card, addressed to them, in the mail today.
My Mom sent them each a card...
They were very excited.
Every day when we get mail they ask if there is anything for them.
And today there was.
Thanks Mom, they were very happy.
*************************************
We had another busy Saturday...
I got to sleep in and when I woke up Brent was playing the Wii with the kids.
Then I went running.
The kids were begging to play in the sandbox since the minute they woke up!
We had to wait a little bit for it to warm up.
We worked more on the bathroom.
Brent's work in there is done.
Now it is just the finishing paint work for me to do.
And the cabinet.
I have the cabinet all primed, and might even get a coat of paint on tonight.
I got all my chairs sanded.
Brent cleaned his garage, which makes him very happy.
The kids spent hours in the sandbox, filled their clothing full of sand.
Took time off to watch a movie together...
Laundry...a lot of that got done.
It was a busy day.
It feels good to get stuff accomplished.
I can't wait to get the bathroom done and show it off.
I am really loving how it turned out!
**************************************
*I am Thankful that my children have such wonderful Grandparents on both sides. We really are so lucky to have them! And we are dying to come visit...but it is gonna have to wait a while for Brent to re coop from surgery.
*I am Thankful that we got so much done today...I am exhausted, but it is the good kind of exhausted!
*I am Thankful that we had another beautiful day and I am Thankful that it is finally Spring time.

3 comments:

MegJill said...

Okay, so even though I have never seen you or your house in real life, I can't wait to see the finished bathroom! Not much feels better than having a home improvement project FINISHED! (Not almost done, but actually done to the point that you don't have paint dreams anymore!) So, I am excited to see what you've been doing.

MegJill said...

And... Elsie looks in complete bliss with her very own card from grandma!

The Holdaway Family said...

How sweet! Never underestimate the power of snail mail! My kids are always hoping that there is something there for them.
Owen and Reagan are usually happy with the credit card applications, especially the ones with fake cards in them!