Sunday, November 29, 2009

273.305

I LOVE this place!!!
It is called the Homestead now.
But this house is the house my Grandma Beardall lived in, and my Mom purchased it from her so it would always be in the family.
I love this place.
My little family had the opportunity to stay here while we were visiting.
I can't even tell you what a trip down memory lane it was.
Every time we go to visit, we go to the Homestead.
But to stay there, to sleep there, it was so wonderful.
Sleeping in my Grandmas room...I remember spending the night at her house if she had late irrigation, or early irrigation, sleeping in Grandmas little bed with her.
Waiting to wake up and help her all I could.
She was such a neat lady.
I would do anything for her.
The smell of the house still reminds me of her.
The card boxes all over the house remind me how amazing she was about sending cards out to everyone...and she had a HUGE family!
She knew everyone by name.
She paid attention and knew about every one's life.
If only there were more people in the world like her.
There is a hallway FULL of pictures in the house.
Mostly family, nieces nephews, cousins, etc.
But there there are lots of old pictures of Grandma and her little family, her parents.
My Grandma had the best smile and a very contagious laugh.
I LOVE my Grandma and hope I can be more like her.
***********************************
I plan to put more pictures from our trip up...because there is a lot...
But we just got home, and I just want to go to bed!

5 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

This is a wonderful house! I am so glad it'll be in our family forever!

Cami said...

I remember going over there too! Even though she wasn't my grandma some times it felt like it! She always seemed happy to see me!

Rachel said...

Oooh, your new blog header ROCKS! Did Amy take that pic? I love it! Kim, I love your blog. You're my blogging idol.

The Holdaway Family said...

I love this house, I am glad that it will always be in the family!

Amy said...

That was such a fun place, I am glad Travis and I got to be apart of everyone.