Thursday, November 26, 2009

270.305

We LOVE Thanksgiving!!!
Okay...obviously I was stuffing my face at Thanksgiving dinner and didn't get any dinner pictures.
But we had a great dinner with Dustin, Uncle Ugly (Doug), Sandra, Nancy, Russ, Kaleb, Heather, Lauren, and Grandma and Grandpa.
It was a nice time.
Even better we got together at the church where the kids could run wild...and they did!
Anyway, it was a nice time visiting and remembering.
You know, we really are so blessed to have such amazing families.
We have a had a great time here in Evanston, visiting with family and getting our bellies fat!
A little while ago, Grandpa got a new horse.
His name is Strip, and Elsie has been talking about this horse non-stop to her teachers and friends, but she had never even met the horse before.
I knew she would be a little afraid, we have tried to put her on other horses before, and she didn't want to do it.
But we got her onto Strip today and she was screaming with joy at the top of her lungs!!!
So he is no longer names Strip...according to Elsie he is 'MY STRIP'
It was such beautiful weather with wonderful people around us.
Look at that happy face!
Porter thought Strip was pretty cool too, maybe not as cool as the backhoe, but pretty cool anyway!
Lauren and Madi...riding on Strip.
Here is a shot of our little twinner guys.
Bridger is two weeks older than Porter, can you see the similarities???
Just a couple of darling little boys!
***************************************
So what am I thankful for???
I am so thankful to be blessed with an amazing husband that works so hard to give his family the best life they can have.
I am thankful I am blessed with my four amazing children, without them, I would be lost!
I am thankful for the gospel in our lives, without it we would be VERY lost.
Amazing friends...I wish everyone could be as blessed as we are to have the friends we have in our lives!
Good health. We have had a few weeks of being sick lately...and I am so grateful that we have healthy kids who don't get sick very often!
I am thankful for our extended families. We are so blessed to have these strong amazing people in our lives.
And I am thankful for every day this last 270 that I have had the chance to find something I LOVE in my life...good days or bad days, I could always find something good.
I wish I could go on and on...but I think I will go and chat with Brent and his parents...because I am so thankful for that too!

3 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

I love that smile on Elsie on the her horse! That is so sweet!

What a fun Thanksgiving.

Cami said...

I used to always ride horses with my grandpa! Aww, I miss him! I can't believe you aren't wearing any socks! You must be freezing! Looks like you guys had a great time!
p.s.
how come your posts are always numbered out of 305?

The Holdaway Family said...

Ah, I wish we had a horse, that would be so fun!