Thursday, October 22, 2009

235.305

I LOVE being a Mom!!!
I was worried I wouldn't.
Love being a Mom, that is.
I did a lot of babysitting as a kid, and didn't really like it.
So I was worried.
But you know what????
I love it.
The toys everywhere.
The dirty dishes everywhere.
Endless dirty laundry.
Sick kids...I had to go get Madi from school today cause she has a fever.
Brownie covered fingerprints on the cracked hard-boiled eggs in the fridge...my Cassi loves to snack!
Sleepless nights...Elsie had a rough one last night.
Little boys who seem to pull EVERYTHING out of your cupboards in 1.2 seconds...I will give you one guess who that little boy is!
Diaper change after diaper change.
Scratches, and pen marks, on your leather furniture.
Homework fights.
And you know what?
All that stuff is pretty darn great.
I am definitely not the best Mom in the world.
I have a long ways to go.
I still need to grow up a bit, I think.
But if I can remind myself everyday that I get to be the one to do their hair every day.
I get to be the one to read to them at night.
I get to have the hugs and kisses, then more hugs and kisses, then more hugs and kisses before the bus comes!
I get to paint with them.
I get to rock them and cuddle them to sleep.
I get to cherish these moments.
And that's what I need to do, cherish the moments, cherish my kids.
So if you don't mind...I am gonna go love my kids tonight.....

8 comments:

Ariel said...

Awww :) I'm so excited for all of that! I hope I can do a good job when the time finally comes :)

Megan said...

I love it too! It's amazing how much you can love someone.

Books = Possibilities said...

You are the perfect mom for your children!

Amy said...

Loved this!! You are an awesome mom and your kiddos are so lucky to have you. It's easy to get tired of, well, all the stuff you mentioned :)... but we are so lucky to be moms!!

Cami said...

I bet you are a great mom! You have such cute kids! You are a lucky lady! I CAN'T WAIT to be a mom! :)

Young family said...

We hope Madi gets feeling better and that no one else gets it! And I have learned that dishes can always wait when there is a little one to care for or read to. Call if you need anything!

Nicole said...

You are so cute! I love reading your blog, although I don't always comment. lol. Thanks for sharing all your loves, I LOVE reading them. Your family is beautiful and fun!

The Holdaway Family said...

Being a mom is the hardest, most rewarding job. I wouldn't trade it for anything!