Monday, October 19, 2009

232.305

I LOVE family prayer!
Tonight as Madi said the prayer and said,
"Thank you for this beautiful, kinda windy, day."
All I could do was smile.
I love the simple things kids say in prayers, but that is the stuff we need to remember to be thankful for.
Our family prayers have become better and better lately.
Still hard with two little ones, who want nothing to do with holding still, but so worth it.
We hold hands during our family prayers.
I grew up folding arms.
This comes from Brent's side of the family, and I love it.
First of all, you have to get CLOSE enough to hold hands.
What's better than that when you are saying family prayer?
But I just love the feeling of holding those sweet little hands.
We are pretty lucky to have these sweet spirits in our lives.

6 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

That is really sweet.

Cami said...

That's sweet! Love the pic, you should get a whole family pic like that, it would be cool!

Anjeanette said...

I grew up folding arms and Nathan grew up holding hands....and we now hold hands. That's funny. I like it most of the time. Sometimes we get, "I don't want to hold his hand...he's gross." We just fight through it. Cool picture and good for you for saying family prayers.

Brittany said...

Ah, that is so sweet, I almost started crying! We used to hold hands too ....however, i do remember sometimes not wanting to hold Ryan's hand because it felt like alligator skin...haha. I look back now and am grateful that we have a close family, and that we said Family Prayer.

michelle said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG! You have inspired me to take more pict. and journal more.I have been a total slacker!
I also Love family prayer! Thanks Kim you just made my day!

The Holdaway Family said...

I love that children remember the things that seem to slip our minds, we love saying family prayer, Bailey or Reagan won't ever let us forget!