Friday, September 11, 2009

194.365

We LOVE and definitely HATE the sandbox!!!
Elsie can't get enough time in the sandbox lately!
Any hour of the day.
Which becomes a problem sometimes...because of the sun.
I set out our big umbrella for her, so she can play.
But our next big project is to turn the bottom of the playhouse into a giant sandbox!
Then I have plans, and material, to hang curtains to block the sun and, and look pretty cute too!!!
Elsie will love it...
We will all love it!
Only one thing...
I also hate the sandbox!
The sand sticks to them like glue!
AHHH!!!
Tell me if you think this is a dumb idea...
have a change of clothes for them to wear in the sandbox and they have to change before coming back in the house...
Too much work? I don't know!!!
Remember, I have NEW CARPET!!!
Hmm, we will see what we d0 when the big sandbox gets done!
AND...
Does anyone here in Meridian who read my blog have a carpet cleaner???
Sure, I can use my kids over and over (oh stop thinking I am a bad Mom...they WANTED to help me!)...but I just can't get the smell out of this cool rug I got from a garage sell!
And the point of a garage sell rug is cheapness, so I don't want to go rent a cleaner or have it cleaned!
So does anyone want to share???
And I had to add a picture of my boy, even if it was from yesterday.
Love him, SO MUCH, even when he is teething!!!!

6 comments:

The Holdaway Family said...

I definatly HATE sandboxes! I have a neighbor who has one and the kids LOVE it but I swear it never comes out of Reagan's hair!

Cami said...

I would say have a change of clothes or at least make them strip down before entering the house! You don't want to mess up that pretty carpet! :)

Books = Possibilities said...

Bet Elsie LOVES the texture of that sand!

Bald n Beautiful said...

Kim you can borrow my carpet cleaner, just put the rug in a suitcase and come to minnesota!

Cristy said...

I also have a love/ hate relationship with our sandbox. It's HUGE, which the kids love, but it always makes such a mess (especially when they throw it... it's hard to scrub sand out of hair!) Luckily the back door comes in to our kitchen, but sand really scratches up hard wood floors... so there is never a perfect way to get the kids back in the house again. Maybe we'll have to build a shower outside... :) I try to remember how lucky I am that they are happily contained in my own backyard and I know where they are, and that they give me a few minutes break. Sand is good, sand is good, sand is good...:) Love ya!

Amy said...

It's so cute that Elsie loves her sandbox (that picture is darling!)I tried to convince Todd we needed a sandbox but we already have couple of neighbor cats that won't stop using our flowerbeds as a litter box, I can't imagine how gross the sand might get!