Tuesday, September 08, 2009

191.365

I LOVE my living room!!!
So I know my taste doesn't fit everyone...in fact...I am sure my taste might be one of a kind.
But I am really loving how our family room is turning out.
The carpet made a HUGE difference, which by the way was actually finished today, and it is the greatest.
(Along with the office getting carpeted too, not for free, but a really good deal anyway.)
But this is the room we are ALWAYS in!
And I feel like it is very ME! Well, us.
Brent and I love old things.
But most of all we love old things from our family.
This picture only shows a few things that I LOVE about this room!
Like I said, this isn't everyones cup of tea, maybe a little too cluttery, maybe too 'old',
BUT WE LOVE IT!!!
I can't wait to add the curtains that I have in my head...they will be perfect!
If I tried to explain it to you, you would think I was dumb...so I will wait to show....
So here you go, a bit of our living quarters...you like it???
I think it's cozy!

15 comments:

Ariel said...

It didn't feel cluttery at all to me. I love your family room! It is very cozy!

Brooke said...

Oh I love it Kimmie. Do you hire out? We still have no pictures hung and I am dying to get some curtains and valances up to make it feel more like home. I LOVE the way it turned out! Take pics of all the rooms in your house...I would like a virtual tour please ;_)

Amy said...

It looks great!!! I love how you've pulled everything together. I think we should go do family photos this fall and get an updated picture of you and Brent... Todd and I really need one too!

Erin said...

i think it looks great & so cozy! i prefer cozy over any other look & i think you've achieved it. & i LOVE the blanket bucket...i've been trying to figure out where we can put all our snuggly blankets when we're not using them....i will now be hunting for a blanket bucket :)

Books = Possibilities said...

Looks awesome! Although, how do you get around all those words hanging in the air? :)

Cami said...

I LOVE IT!!!!! It's definitely my "cup of tea"!! Once we get a house I would love to have you help me figure out how to put it all together!!! It's seriously amazing!! You did a great job! And I love the carpet! It looks so comfy!

Nancy said...

It looks awesome. Did you make the frame over the fire place with the kids pictures? I have dark brown carpet too and love it.

Bald n Beautiful said...

I've always loved your family room, but now it's even better. Can't wait to see the curtains. I found a whole bunch of those buckets (blanket bucket) at a garage sell and some old lady bought them right out from under me! I love the window frame witht he new pictures! miss you! I think I would have more fun running with you than David, he's not very talkitive.

Young family said...

I love what you have done on your wall! And your carpet looks great!
Kara keeps saying that she wants new soft carpet just like Madi!

Rachel said...

I think the room is darling! I haven't commented on your last posts, but your girls are certainly growing up! And they are as lovely as ever. I really like the picture of Porter in the fire truck. So CUTE! Madi's baptism dress was just darling! Did you make it? Your my crafting hero, Kim. Oh the headboard - LOVE IT!

Beth said...

so awesome! I love it!

The Holdaway Family said...

The carpet really looks great!

Katie Call-Sommer said...

way cute room!

Malisa said...

I love it! I love old stuff too!

Jodi Gallagher said...

Looks perfect! I love making a room feel like it matches all the things you love! The carpet looks great too! I love madis pictures. Very cute!