Sunday, August 09, 2009

161.365

I am so THANKFUL for great emergency rooms!!!
(And AWESOME friends to take your kids on a seconds notice!!!)
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Don't look at pictures if you are a queesy kind of person....
*
*
*
Just a fair warning....
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Yep...
It's real!
Poor guy.
It was an easy going kind of day.
Brent started out the day not feeling very good, so we all took it easy.
Later in the day we ventured outside, where Brent saw that his wheel barrel had fallen off the wall in his shed.
He wanted to quickly fix it...just like he likes to fix everything...
This was the nail guns fault...not Brent's!!!
He was putting a nail into a 2x4...the 2x4 was a scrap and a kinda old scrap.
Well, the 2X4 splintered and the nail followed the course of the splintered piece of wood, and went straight into the palm of his hand.
Poor boy.
I heard a call from the garage saying..."Hey Kimi...will you come in the garage for a second, I need to talk to you."
I thought I was in trouble.
When I got out there he showed me his hand and I kinda panicked!!!
Sometimes I wonder how much help I really am.
So I hurried and called Heather and she gladly took our kids for us so I could rush him to the emergency room.
It was an exciting night for them in the emergency room too...
we had lookers peeking into our door quite often.
Kind funny...
He is doing good.
He is actually quite lucky.
It did go through the bone....but it did not shatter it or break it...just put a big hole dead center!
It was a good thing it was dead center, if it was a little to the right or left, it would have broken it.
So that is why he is lucky!
Thanks to all the nice nurses......and the pompous doctor....
And a BIG thanks to Heather for being so willing to take all the kids for so many hours!!!
And wish Brent luck in his recovery!!!
(By the way...the picture was Brent's idea...so don't be thinking I am a terrible wife for doing a little photo shoot before the emergency room!!!)
x-ray with nail in...
x-ray with nail out...the red circle is around the hole in the bone...

15 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

YIKES!!!! Glad all is well. Does Brent have to take off any work for this little boo-boo?

Cami said...

Holy cow! That's insane! It doesn't even seem real! When I first saw the pic I covered my mouth cuz it shocked me!! What did they do to fix it? How do you fix a hole in a bone? Hope he feels better soon! Youch!

Rachel said...

Eeew yuck. But I mighta taken a picture too just for proof. Glad it wasn't more serious. I like that he calmly called you into the garage to show you a nail through his hand. Like it was no biggie.

Anjeanette said...

Love that you have a tough husband and stayed so calm. Nice pictures....that's great you took one. Next time.....no working on Sunday....it will get you every time..... :) lol

Brooke said...

Oh my !!! Ask my dad about the time he did that too...except he tried to pull the nail out himself...smart thinking to go the the ER BEN. He was a heck of alot calemr than I would have been that is for sure!!!!

Brittany said...

OH whoa. Whoa. I'm glad it didn't break the bone but man, had that been me, I am sure I would have passed right out.

Malisa said...

Yuck! I bet that is a little painful! Hope you get feeling better.

The Stevensons said...

That is awesome, but lets not do it again. The wood shop teacher would be very disappointed. Maybe Clint should print the picts and post them on the first day of school when the kids go over shop safety and take their safety tests.

Amy said...

Crazy! I'm glad it wasn't more serious!!

Sandra said...

Ok. That's it!! Don't allow him to use any power tool ever again. He is an accident waiting to happen. If it's not one thing it is something else. At least he got hurt this time at home instead of in Wyoming. I guess firemen don't have to be as smart as a policeman. That's one thing that Doug hasn't done yet. It made his hand hurt just looking at the picture!! I know now why you focused on his hand. He was crying like a baby in the backgroud!! I'm right aren't I?? Anything we can do, just give us a hollar.. Yep, we'll give him all the sympathy he can stand!!

DTanner said...

Yet Brent looks so calm in the picture...

Young family said...

Sabath day, ox is in the mire, wheel barrel fell off the wall, I see the similarities. Had to be done. I want to know the reaction of the triage nurse when you got to the E.R. and Brent was joking about it.

Erin said...

oh my goodness!! that makes my hand hurt.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

HOly Crap! THanks for the warning so I could finish my sandwich before I kept reading.. :) Glad it was as "good" as it could be? ;) WOW, crazy pictures! EEPS!

Dustin said...

Dude we can't let you use anything any more. I've seen the way benny boy uses nail guns and so I'm not completely convinced it is totally the nail guns fault. ha ha ha