Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Birthday Picts

Our sweet Elsie.
What can I even say about her.
She has brought so much joy into our lives.
What a perfect little smile.
And she has one for anyone who looks her way.
Elsie has not only touched our lives, but also anyone who meets her.
We had a rough start...then a rough time figuring things out about her.
Elsie has been such a strong spirit, and such a example of patience to our family.
Turning three is a little bitter sweet.
In my mind I thought we would be a little further along.
But she continues to make progress and she always works as hard as she can.
She will get there.
The hardest thing for her right now is speech.
That gap just keep getting wider and wider...
and it gets frustrating for her when she can't communicate.
But we are trying.
She is working so hard.
We sure love our little Elsie Rose.
She is our little ray of sunshine!!!
Elsie 10 days old

Elsie age 1

Elsie age 2


Elsie age 3

14 comments:

Malisa said...

Her smile is contagious! What a doll!

Brooke said...

What a beautiful girl! She is forever such an example to me :-) If you need any help or ideas with speech, please please just give me a call! I should show you one day what I did for my thesis project. i worked with the cutest little girl who had CP {though more severe than Elsie} but we did LOTS of things to enhance her environment so she could communicate at home at school at church....EVERYWHERE. I have lots on tape too! This is my FAV part of speech stuff :-) I'm serious Kimmie...for you guys I'd give you the world and more! LOVES to you all !

The Stevensons said...

Brooke said it and I agree... What a beautiful little girl! She has come so far this past year, keep your chin up.

Books = Possibilities said...

Elsie is amazing! We are so blessed to have her be a part of our family!

Katie Call-Sommer said...

I think Elsie is such a beautiful little girl!!

Jilene said...

She is darling. Thanks for always sharing all your pictures!

Amy said...

So sweet!! I love the pictures!

Aarynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ariel said...

She has grown so much! She is a sweetheart :)

Aarynn said...

She's sooo cute!!! I can't believe she's already three!!!

Cami said...

Have I ever mentioned how much I love her smile? She is such a cutie!

Lyric Payne said...

The Paynes LOVE Elsie!

Brittany said...

She is a beauty! She has such a sweet spirit. I think she was just as lucky to get you two as parents and you were to get her. We love her and are so proud of her accomplishments!

The Holdaway Family said...

She really is turning into such a beautiful little girl! She is so smart, I am sad that her body won't work like she needs/wants it to. I know with as hard of a worker that she is that she will do just fine in life...better than fine, she will do wonderful!