Thursday, June 25, 2009

117.365

Just LOVE Madi!
Okay...
So Madi has never really cared what she wore...never really cared how her hair was done.
She has always been pretty easy for me do dress her up as a doll...like I want.
Well, things have changed.
She wants things her way now...which is just fine.
She should have her own style.
But what cracks me up about Madi is...
These last few weeks she can't seem to get enough of herself...looking in the mirror and everything.
Is that normal for this age???
Any mirror she passes, she checks her hair...etc...
When we get in the car, first thing she does is pull down the mirror!!!
Silly girly!!!
Anyway...just curious if this is an age thing?
Anyone have an input???
Also...
I wanted to just make note that she has become quite a good helper with cleaning up the house.
Only problem...
It usually ends up being after the kids are in bed, when she should be in bed.
I personally think she likes the alone time with me...you think???
Anyway, if it is to be with me or not, I kinda enjoy the company!
Maybe she is just trying to stay up as late as possible!!!
Love ya, Madi Bell!!!

6 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

There is something so special about that first born!

So, do you let Madi sit in the front seat? If so, don't tell Aarynn. We won't let her until she is 13 (the legal age in ID).

Anjeanette said...

So I notice the same thing with Ashley. I have had to fight her to do her hair all these year because she just doesn't care. Now I catch her starring at herself in her mirror in her room all the time. Cracks me up. I also think at this age they are learning how to manipulate (not always in bad ways), but how to get what they want. I have to be really careful what I give in to, because it just gets worse the more I give in. I also notice I definitely have to give her my time for just her. She really starts to act up if I don't. Ahhh....gotta love girls.... :)

skcoe said...

Jayden is VERY self conscious of the way he looks. He always sneaks peeks, does his hair "just so" and gets mad if I do things differently than he wanted. I think it's normal!

She's so freaking cute.

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

Okay, Kim, I can already see that you put my blogging to shame. Thanks so much for letting me in on this great blog! Your kids are so cute and different, it is fun to see and read.

Malisa said...

She is so pretty! You guys better get ready for lots of boys! She is gorgeous!

Sara said...

She is so beautiful!