Wednesday, June 24, 2009

116.365

I am really starting to LOVE quilting!!!
This was Brent unfinished Fathers Day gift...
that he knew nothing about...pretty good secret keeper, huh!!!
I could only work on it when he was at work.
Anyway, I still have to do the backing and stipple it...which I am so excited about!!!
I wanted to use a bunch of his old work shirts...
but it was hard to work with that material...so I used the one block and will try to figure something out with the rest of the shirts!!!
I was worried it would be too cheesy...
You know...fireman...patriotic...
But I am loving how it turned out.
Hopefully it will get done quicker now that I can work on it out in the open, cause now he knows about it!!!
I am doing this quilt with the Old Red Barn quilt-a-long!!!
It has been so much fun to do.
I have 'met' some really neat ladies who really know what they are doing.
And hopefully...Dana will continue...and keep doing quilt-a-long after quilt-a-long!!!
So much fun!!!
**********************************************************************
ALSO...
Cassi is passing on her crazy outfit gene down to Elsie.
Cassi always has some pretty crazy outfits.
I love it.
It fits her personality to a 'T'!!!
So when I saw her in this today...
I couldn't help but laugh!!!
How great is that!!!
Then later on today I saw Elsie playing outside in her 'Restaurant'
And she had this tiny chefs hat smashed on her head!!!

The hat came with some toy kitchen stuff, and I think it was meant for a doll, 'cause it never fit the girls...
Anyway...I thought it was pretty cute too!!
Crazy kids and their imaginations!!!
LOVE IT!!!

9 comments:

Malisa said...

What a neat quilt! I love homemade quilts they always have so much meaning and memories in there no matter what. I'm sure Benji loves it. What a great wife he has!!

I love the hat on Cassie and Elsie. So funny! My connor is the same way. He always has something funny on his head and someone elses shoes or boots. Kids are so fun! So neat that they can keep us laughing and keep us young!

Young family said...

The quilt looks great! It makes me want to make one...
It is always fun to see what cassi will come up with next... and I need to come over again so I can eat at Elsie's restaurant..

Katie Call-Sommer said...

LOVE THE QUILT!! GREAT JOB! THE GIRLS ARE SO CUTE!

The Holdaway Family said...

I love the quilt! I hope that she does do more quilt alongs!

Cassi makes me laugh and Elsie is such a doll!

Books = Possibilities said...

Quilt is amazing! I want to make an Army quilt using many of Tom's old BDUs in honor of his military service. Yeah, that is yet to happen!

I love your girls' fashion sense! Too much fun!

Unknown said...

Your quilt looks great! did he love it!? Hope so :) Have fun finishing it!

melly~ said...

love, love love!! your quilt!
surfed in from the quilt-along flickr group.

great pictures. and CUTE! kids!
:)
melly-

T@iy@ said...

I love your quilt! Beautiful colors... I am really loving the patriotic fabric!

Sara said...

Amazing quilt! I love how it turned out!

Cassi and Elsie are adorable!! What funny girls!