Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Favs #80/365

I LOVE my 4:00 A.M. date!!!
So, I know you will think I am crazy...but here goes.
I LOVE that Porter still gets up once a night.
Told you that you would think I was crazy.
Anyway...
It is the truth.
Honestly, he doesn't really cry much, just whimpers...
He most likely would go back to sleep if I left him alone.
I try to make myself do it...
But by 4:00, when he wakes up, I miss him.
And I just want to hold him.
He always gives me a huge smile, we sit down and cuddle while he drinks his bottle.
It is usually only about 10 min or so...
I think the pediatrician is gonna be mad at me.
Last appointment she told me to try to get him to sleep through the night...
Woops.
Seriously, I would most likely me up anyway, going pottyor checking on the kids, or something else.
Why not get some loves from my little boy???
Okay,
I am ready for your criticism.....
(Pictures not taken at 4:00 a.m. I was just thinking about it, so I took a picture when he woke up this morning. But he is still this happy to see me at 4:00 a.m.!)

10 comments:

Rachel said...

He certainly has one beautiful face :). I am so in love with his big brown eyes.

Nicole said...

Hi Kim, You don't know me but I know you. lol Are you freaked out yet. ha ha I am married to Mindi Matthews little brother Kade, and then I am good friends with Brooke and Brittany and Megan and Riley and I guess about everyone else in your family but have never met you. :) Anyway I love blogs and I have watched yours for some time now I just wanted to tell you that you have a darling family and I just love love all your pictures. I am getting into photography and am loving every second of it. I have been taking pictures a lot lately but I don't have much equipment yet. Mindi says you have a really cool rod thing you use for your backgrounds.... would you mind sharing with me what it is and where I can get one? I am so clueless. If I haven't totally weirded you out you can email me at sammi_nickel@yahoo.com. Thanks Kim.

Love,
Nicole Martin

Brooke said...

I do have to say that getting up in the middle of the night makes it ALL worht it for big brown eyes and a smile. And Porter's little cousin isn't sleeping through the night either...usually we have a 4 or 5 am date too...sometimes more! Those darn teethies threw us off...but at least he's happy even in the wee hours of the morning!!

p.s. Nicole is an absolute doll! You would just love her if you met her!!!

The Holdaway Family said...

I think, knowing that this is your last one, waking up at 4 am is easier. The time of waking up at 4 am is slowly fading...

Anjeanette said...

You're going to ruin his sleeping habits for life!!!.........just kidding. I think you're fine, as long as you're not still getting up with him when he's like 10. lol :)

Books = Possibilities said...

I love that you love your 4 am dates! It is super sweet!

Amy said...

Oh, he's just getting to be so handsome! Love his dark eyes. I do think you're a little crazy for liking to get up at 4am :) but I know what you mean about having that quiet time alone when they're so happy to see you.

Brittany said...

I don't think that is weird at all. I just think you are a great mommy! Porter is so dang cute, I just wanna squeeze him! I miss you guys.

Wendy Sousley said...

who could resist? what a a sweet boy! He is really a beautiful baby! Mammas gotta love them boys!

Sara said...

That's sweet! What a cute boy!!! He is growing so fast!