Thursday, April 30, 2009

Favs #61/365

I LOVE story time at bedtime!!! I really enjoy reading to the girls at night before they go to bed.
Jammies, brush teeth, go potty, say prayers...
Then it is time to read.
I LOVE that my kids LOVE books!!!
First I go to Cassi's room.
Usually she reads to me.
She is getting very good and can sound out a lot of words herself.
Then I go in with Madi and Elsie.
I have really enjoyed reading some good books with Madi.
Right now we are reading HOLES.
Maybe I should start reading the TWILIGHT series with her...then maybe I can get through the books!!!
Just kidding...
But seriously.
I hope that they always have a LOVE for books.
I was never a big reader as a kid.
But I am loving the time I get to spend with my girls reading.
Sweet sweet Cassi!!!
I know...kinda a goofy picture.
But this is Elsie looking through a hole in one of her books.
Doesn't she have beautiful eyes???

6 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

What an excellent bonding time!

Holes is an excellent book. There is a sequel with the character Armpit called Small Steps.

Might want to wait for a while before reading the Twilight books. They're OK...but there are some questionable themes (helpless girl looking to the guy to protect her; having a boy in her room at night; putting herself in danger for love; wanting to be a vampire to stay youthful and because she's in love; dropping all friends to be with her fella....)

Aarynn and I have had some talks about the Twilight books, to see what she thinks of them. And while she likes the book, she thinks Bella is a bit much...weak, damsel-in-distress-y. She's finished the 1st one, and needs to read a few library books before they're due.

Sara said...

Beautiful girls!! I think it is wonderful to have story time!!!

I agree with April. You should probably wait for Madi to read Twilight.

Books = Possibilities said...

Is Madi reading a Junie B. Jones?

Kim said...

Yes. Junie B. She thinks that is easy reading right before bed. She goes through one every day or two.

Books = Possibilities said...

Junie B. was Aarynn's first chapter book. They are great books for kids...but I didn't care for reading them....Junie B. is OBNOXIOUS!!! Lily's first chapter book was Capt. Underpants.

The Holdaway Family said...

I have never read so many book in my life until I had kids! I used to hate reading and now I try to read with every spare minute I have!

Bailey has been wanting to read Twilight but I am just not ready for her to be reading romantic novels just quite yet...like her teacher told me "There are SO many good books out there!"