Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Favs #59/365

I LOVE my angel babies!
This idea has been a long time in the making!
Almost 8 years, in fact.
I knew when I took this picture of Madi, that I wanted one for all my babies.
Luckily, I remembered to do it with each baby!
The girls were all 10 days old in their picture.
We attempted Porters at 10 days old...but tried it 2 days later, and I liked that shot ALOT better!
Each picture has a story.
Madi.
We had just brought her home from the hospital.
She spent 8 days in the NICU.
So we were kinda nervous to take her out.
She slept the whole time.
What a beautiful baby.
(Madi's is my favorite shot!)
Cassi.
All she wanted to do was stand up with her legs.
She was a good baby, but getting her to bend was brutal!!!
Looking at this picture, I remember what a hairy little monkey she was!!!
Elsie.
This one was no fun.
If you knew Elsie at this point in life,
then you know how hard this picture was to get.
This is why she has the 'Binky just pulled out of my mouth' look on her face!
Also, a funny story about the wings!
We didn't have wings for Elsie's picture.
So we went to Build-a-bear and bought some wings.
Then tried to manipulate them to match the others.
We failed miserably!!!
For the last couple years I have hated the wings...
But thanks to Photoshop...
I put Madi's wings onto Elsie...
and wal-la!!!
Perfect wings!!!
Porter.
Well, I just couldn't put wings on my little boy!
Brent thinks we should have put Devil's horns on him!
Maybe when he is a three year old Hellion, I will Photoshop some of those on him!!!
I just LOVE these picture of my babies, laying in their Daddy's big strong hands!
Just a side-note...
This was THE window that started my obsession with OLD WINDOWS, many, many years ago!!!
I had Brent put some black wood around it to make it pop...
and I think it serves as the perfect frame for my little Angels!!!

12 comments:

Lyric Payne said...

Wow, that is beautiful. Enough said.

Rachel said...

I love that frame and the pics. Whenever you do projects i think that you should post them so that I can see all of your handy work and wish that I were as talented as you.

Books = Possibilities said...

Kim, this is AMAZING!!! So perfect!
Did you take the pictures alternating like that, or did you flip them in photoshop?

Bald n Beautiful said...

Love the pictues. I love the one of Cassi. They look great in the window frame. I agree that you you should be under contract to post a picture of ALLL your projects, even the little ones. They are not so little to us and they give us ideas. I hardly did any "projects" until I met you and was inspired.

Anjeanette said...

Such a cute picture. Love the frame also. I have many old windows, that i don't know what to do with. Great idea.

andrea wardle said...

What a great idea! You are so creative! (PS LOVE photoshop. The end.)

Sara said...

I LOVE how it turned out!!! Beautiful angels!
And I love how there is a story to each picture!

Katie Call-Sommer said...

This is really neat I love the picture!

Young family said...

Super cute!! I wish I had done something like this with my girls.. You truly do have sweet little angels!!

Kindermusik with Celeste said...

BEAUTIFUL!!

The Holdaway Family said...

Awesome! I love it, I am glad that you remembered to do this with each child! It turned out perfect!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!