Thursday, April 23, 2009

Favs #54/365

I LOVE my hardworking HUNK of a MAN!!!
I love that Brent can do anything he puts his mind to.
He is always doing some kind of handy-man project.
This is what our latest project has been.
I love when he lets me help.
I think we work very well together!
Yes...I do drive him NUTS!!!
But mostly, I think he likes having me around!
We have always wanted to put a deck/patio in the back yard...
But it was never a priority.
The last few days, the weather has been PERFECT!
The girls have loved to play outside.
But there was a problem.
Elsie doesn't have many options in our backyard.
It takes a lot of effort for her to push her walker through our un-level bumpy grass.
So she will spend a whole lot on the trampoline...
Or inside the kitchen looking out.
So I think that was what finally made making a deck a priority.
Now Elsie has plenty of room to run around...
as much as her little heart desires.

I know we are going to be spending a lot of time on this deck..
It will be like a whole other room at our house.
Now we get to go find some fun outdoor furniture.

Elsie had so much fun helping with the deck.
She would stick a screw into any hole she could find.
It was a lot of fun to watch her.
Cassi was also a very big helper.
She was right there by Dads side...
She knew just what he needed without him having to ask.
She is a great little side-kick.
Madi did some helping too, once she got home from school
It was a whole family project!
We LOVE that!!!


10 comments:

Sara said...

Looks fantastic!!! What a great project!

I want to see a picture from far away, so we can see how it looks next to the house and see how big it is.

I love to see all the projects you do!! You and Brent do work very well together!

Books = Possibilities said...

That is incredible! Good for Elsie, making your deck a priority. I knew we had kids for a reason.... :)

It is beautiful! It'd be nice to see in person.

Amy said...

So cool! Wanna come do mine?? Love that picture of you all together!

Cami said...

How fun!!!!!! How long did it take you to make it? I agree with Sara, I want to see a big pic to see how big it is! You guys are always doing something around your house! I would love to see it! You should post pics of all your rooms and the outside! :) That deck looks amazing!
Love you!

Bald n Beautiful said...

That is so awsome. I remember you and talking about wanting to do it.

andrea wardle said...

What a great deck! And a happy family!

Brittany said...

I love your deck. What a great project!

The Holdaway Family said...

I am so glad that you did it! I bet it will be so much funner for Elsie to be out side now! Good job Brent!

DTanner said...

Cool! I love the look of it.

Katie Call-Sommer said...

That's great! Looks really nice!