Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Favs #53/365

My FAVORITE blanket
This blanket is very special to me.
My dear sweet Grandma Beardall made it for me....
a long time ago.
I think this is a favorite blanket for everyone in the house...
I have an old wash basin filled with all sorts of cool blankets.
Whenever I go to grab my fav...
it is always being used by someone else!
It is very loved.
But I am okay with that.
I love that the binding is hand stitched.
I love the fabric scraps she chose to put together.
I still think about my Grandma all the time.
My Grandma was an amazing woman and I hope that I can be half the woman she was!

7 comments:

Erin said...

it looks so cozy :)

andrea wardle said...

Oh, I love comfy things!

Books = Possibilities said...

Grandma was amazing at all she did. I love all the quilts she made. I remember whenever we'd go to her house when she was quilting, she was very excited to show us what she was working on and wanted our opinion. I miss that lady!

Sara said...

I think of Grandma all the time! She really was SUCH an AMAZING woman! I LOVE her quilts! I am thankful for her example in my life!

Anjeanette said...

It's funny how you can have certain blankets and they seem to be every one's favorite. We have one here too. Nice to have something grandma made....

The Holdaway Family said...

I love that blanket too! Sorry if I stole it quite a bit while I was there! I miss Grandma Beardall so much and I hope to be half as great as she was!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

we have our favorite blankys too...me and shawn that is.... :)