Sunday, April 05, 2009

Favs #36/365

I LOVE the creativity of my kids!
While outside playing in the beautiful weather, my older girls found a tire and decided to make a tire swing.
Look closely and you can see the AWESOME knot that they made!!!
They really work well together...
They fight a lot...but work well too.
They were very proud of their swing...
And it kept them quite for a few hours while we watched Conference in peace...
Okay, not in peace, we still had two little ones around, one of which wanted to watch cartoons BADLY!!! Sorry Elsie!
And remember last week when I told you I found my favorite attachment...
Well, it makes it so I can stipple...which I think is such a beautiful way of stitching!
One of my best friends in the world, Jenni, had her little girl Laela on the 2nd. And this is the project I have been working on.
I was very excited to try this out...and I am so happy with how it turned out!!!
(That is sweet Laela laying on the blanket in the middle of the picture...isn't she beautiful?)
I made it double sided...a serious side and a fun side.
What do you think?
I got a little crazy doing it!!!
My forearms are gonna be bulked up...it uses surprising a lot of muscle!!!
Also a lot of mis-stitches that resulted in hours of picking thread out!
Anyway...so I am excited to make more!
But I have a few other things I STILL need to get DONE!!!
(Like the bathroom I started painting a few weeks ago...yep...still not done!
Oh, and Easter dresses I am making...which, by the way, are gonna be so cute!)
I know, I drive myself crazy too!!!

16 comments:

Books = Possibilities said...

The blanket is really neat...what a fun attachment for your sewing machine! Can't wait to see more creations coming from it!

The tire swing knot is fantastic! What creative girls! Aarynn and Lily fight a lot, too, but when they get along, it is the SWEETEST thing in the world!

Rachel said...

I love that blanket, it's beautiful!
Laela is so pretty and I can't wait to see more pics of her. You are so talented Kim.

Jenni said...

I LOVE the quilt Kim! You are so sweet to make it for Laela. I can only imagine how much time it took and it isn't like you have much spare time taking care of 4 kids who have been sick lately and a husband who was out of town for a bit. You are the greatest and I know that Laela will always treasure the quilt. Thanks so much.

Jenni said...

Oh and thanks for taking the pictures of her with it too! I can't wait to see the others.

Malisa said...

That blanket is GORGEOUS! I LOVE blankets! I should take a picture of the stack of blankets that we have! I love the material you used! Love IT! Love IT! Love IT!

Your girls are so cute! How fun to make a tire swing! They are very creative!

Brooke said...

You never cease to amaze me girlie!! I wish I had an ounce of your creativenes in me! The blanket is absolutely gorgeous! What a treasure :-)

Amy said...

Um yeah... you're too talented for your own good!! Seriously, that quilt is awesome, I love it!

Katie Call-Sommer said...

very cute! you are so creative! such cute girls and their ideas and the new little baby is so adorable and precious!

skcoe said...

That blanket is amazing! Did you have it machine quilted or is that what your machine's new foot does? Very cute and I'm jealous! You never cease to amaze me Kim.

Ed and Ivy said...

That is the cutest...your friends are lucky to have you! And where do you find the time?

Sara said...

Great knot!!! I love it when my kids get along and come up with something neat! :)

That quilt is AMAZING!!! You are really a woman of sooo many talents!

Bald n Beautiful said...

Love the swing love the quilt, love the baby. How did you make your blog the whole page?

Young family said...

Looks like lots of fun and talent live at your house.. How about a quilting lesson!!

Brittany said...

Kim, why do you have to be so awesome? You show all the rest of us up! I absolutely love that quilt.

Tell the girlies good job on their tire swing. I'll be coming to play.

The Holdaway Family said...

LOVE the blanket! I love the tire swing too!

Lyric Payne said...

That is one of the greatest creations I have ever seen. What a great friend you are.