Thursday, March 26, 2009

SLEEP!!!

Favs #26/365
I LOVE sleep!
But not more than I love my kids.
The last two nights have been almost a joke!!!
First night...each kid woke up (including the dog), except Elsie.
All at different times.
Porter has been waking up every two hours in the beginning of the night...then sleeping good the second half.
Cassi has been sleeping good the first half of the night...but having bad dreams the second half.
So I end up sleeping in her bed with her until she goes to sleep...or until I wake up after falling asleep in her bed!
Madi has been coughing...all night!
Poor girl...I feel so bad for her!
It always takes her so long to get rid of a cough!
I should feel lucky that she doesn't get sick very often.
Anyway...so last night I thought would be different.
Nothing happened until 3:00 a.m.!!!
NICE!!!
That is when Porter woke up...I tried to let him cry himself back...
'cause I am TRYING to do that.
So I figured I would take my time going downstairs and making his bottle for him.
Well, he ended up waking up Cassi and Dad!
Dad went and took care of Cassi while I finished with the bottle.
Then the dumb dog wanted out again!!!
(I am gonna break that habit for sure!!!)
Anyway...so I go upstairs...snuggle back in bed for hopefully the rest of the night.
Well, at 4:00, Madi was coughing so hard...it was bad.
It was time to give her another dose of her medicine.
So we go downstairs....and she is coughing so hard now that she makes herself throw-up!
So I made her a bed downstairs and told her she could just watch a movie.
Not two seconds after I got into bed...
I hear a "MOM!"
Cassi is up.
I was so tired...I asked her if she wanted to go watch the movie with Madi!
She was so excited...
On the way downstairs she asks...
"Mom, can we have some popcorn?"
I said, "Cass, it is 4:00 in the morning!!!"
"Then can we have a snack???"
Anyone who knows Cassi knows she is OBSESSED with snacks!!!
So I told her she could have some dry cereal...
I wanted to go to bed!
So into bed again...
warm, soft...
Cry...
Elsie...and she wasn't gonna lay back down...I tried.
So down we go to watch the movie!!!
I am sure Dad wanted BADLY to join us...but he had a long drive ahead of him this morning...
So we let him sleep.
Luckily Porter slept until 6:00.
So...4 out of 6 in our family woke up at 4:00 a.m.
Not a great outlook for the day!
Well, Madi dozed off shortly after 6:30 a.m..
Elsie took a 4 hour nap at 10:00 a.m.
I have NO CLUE how Cassi lasted the day without a nap!
And Porter has napped great today.
And best of all...my sweet hubby told me to take a nap before he had to leave!
And when I woke up...he had cleaned the house for me, spick and span!
Thanks baby for doing that!!!
So they are all in bed now...
I wonder what tonight holds for me!
Oh well, at least I am still in my jammies!
(Don't worry, I will change them!)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Okay...now it is 8:42 p.m....
both Elsie and Cassi have woken up...
I think it may be another long one tonight!!!
Wish me luck!

8 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

I will not complain about being tired ever again...!

Jilene said...

I'm right there with ya! The last two nights have been rough for us too. Hang in there! I love my sleep too!

Books = Possibilities said...

When it rains, it pours, doesn't it!

Lyric Payne said...

I am crying for you right now!

Anjeanette said...

I think it will get better for you. I think all kids are not feeeling 100% these days. BTW- That was the reason we started putting fans in my kids rooms for noise, so they wouldn't wake up the whole family. Sheesh....I hate when that happens. Hope you had a better night... :)

Katie Call-Sommer said...

sorry your kids are sick and sorry you get no sleep!

The Holdaway Family said...

I love my sleep too! I seriously can not function with out it! I hope that you have a better night tonight!!

Jami said...

what a tough night! hope last night was better!