Friday, March 20, 2009

Red chair

Favs #20/365
Favorite red chair!
So I can't say it is my favorite chair...cause I have a couple others.
But I love this chair.
I love it's shape.
I love it's fabric.
I love it's history.
I love things that come from someplace.
Things that have a story to tell.
This is one of the many treasures I got from my Grandma Beardall.
I have so many things from her that I absolutely cherish...
I wish I had more rooms and more places to put everything on display.
I believe this particular chair belonged to my Great Aunt Belle.
Grandma had it at her house...it was in poor shape.
Springs broken out the bottom,
fabric black and dirty.
Dead looking.
The normal person would have just gotten rid of it.
But not me.
When we cleaned the fabric we were very surprised to find the color of it to be red.
I loved it!
It makes me sad for all the things that get thrown away,
that still have so much beauty to give.
I know, I am a little cheesy!
But still...
This chair makes it's home in our office,
and the office wouldn't be complete without this chair.

2 comments:

Lyric Payne said...

That is a beautiful chair. My mom would love you. One of her favorite quotes is from the great depression time. It is "Use it up, wear it out, make do or do without."

Katie Call-Sommer said...

That is a pretty chair. It really came from great aunt isabelle? that's really neat.