Sunday, February 22, 2009

3 Months Old


Can this really be happening???
Why does my baby have to grow so fast!?!!
Porter is now 3 months old and we are so in love with him.
I can't even express my feelings for this little guy!
All I can say I feel sorry for any girl who tries to take him away from me in the future!!!
Porter is such a perfect little baby.
I finally moved him from his bassinet to his crib...(but that was only because he had about 1/2 inch before his head would hit the top of the bassinet!)
He is such a big boy. All I have to do at nap time is take him up...give him his blankie, and its lights out.
He is so good that way!
I do wish his naps were a little longer, but I think he is learning...
Porter has found his tongue.
Dad taught that to him. You stick your tongue out at him, and he does it right back. The girls get a kick out of it!
We can always get this little guy to smile, even when he is mad...I think he knows how much he is loved!!!

My little guy is a pretty big boy!
He weighs about 16 lbs.! I love his chunky thighs and those squishy cheeks!!!
Oh, there's just nothing better!!!
He isn't sleeping through the night...well, not my night.
He will go to sleep between 7 and 8 and sleep until 3...that is a full 7 to 8 hours!
Then he goes back to sleep until 6 or 7 in the morning.
So if I was just a smart little mommy, I would go to bed earlier than I do, and get more sleep. Oh well.

He still has his acid reflux pretty bad...so he is always soaking wet...
and poor kid doesn't get much tummy time cause I think that makes the stuff come out even more...so I need to be better about giving him that time to build his little neck all strong and stuff.
He isn't big on grabbing toys yet, but he loves to snuggle blankets, and he LOVES to suck his fists.
I tried for SO long to get him to suck a binky...luckily he took it the entire weekend when we went to Wyoming/Utah for his blessing...but since then...no go!!!
He hates it...and he is good with his fists, so oh well, he wins this one!

He isn't a fussy baby. He loves to lay or sit in his swing and look all around him.
He isn't big on eye contact, but once you do lock in...he won't stop staring!
Oh I just love those little eyes staring into mine!!!

So to sum it up...WE LOVE PORTER!!!
Can't wait for all the fun times ahead with him!!!
Oh, and he is still loud and stinky...I guess thats just how boys are!

(Also, we took some fun pictures tonight of Porter with his blessing outfit and with the girls and with mom and dad...I will share those later)

15 comments:

Erin said...

he is so cute! i love his outfit :)

Jodi Gallagher said...

Kim he is such a sweet baby! I could just squeeze him! Babies are so much fun! What a cutie! You are a toothpick by the way! Holy cow 3 months after having a baby and your skinny! Not fair!

Lyric Payne said...

That first picture is to die for cute. What a smiley little guy. 16 pounds? Way to go Porter! Capri sucks on her hands all the time too. Almost every picture I have of her lately includes a slobbery fist in the mouth!

Brittany said...

How handsome is he! He is growing so fast!

Jenni said...

Those pictures are so cute. I can't believe it has been three months. I love the one of the two of you. Someday you are going to look back at that and be amazed at how skinny you are, right now you are just too stubborn to admit it. :)
You might want to be careful, I think your other kids might start feeling left out with all the Porter gushing that goes on. j/k

Anonymous said...

Kim~~ He is so adorable!!

Kam

Anjeanette said...

Isn't it crazy. You love your girls, but there is just something about little boys, that pulls on you. He is so darn cute. And yes....you are dang thin....you look great. :)

The Stevensons said...

He has such beautiful eyes! By the way, Taylor is 3+ and she only weighs 24 pounds. He is going to pass her up so fast :)

Cami said...

He is SUCH a cutie!! I can't wait to see the other pics!

jen said...

He is so cute!!! Love the outfit and that little round face is to die for!! You did a great job on his pics!!! Love them all!

Brooke said...

Oh what a little stud man he is. he seriously just melts my heart. I LOVED his little blessing outfit. I can't wait to see you guys again...and for Bridge and Port to be good buddies! Love you all!

DTanner said...

He is darling! I can see each of your girls in him. And I agree with Jodi... not fair!

Amy said...

He is so cute!! I love his big smiles! I just love this age, they get more and more fun everyday. He sounds like a good, sweet boy!

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

I love this post! I saw him on sunday in his cute little hat, but only for a second, and he looked so cute! Glad you posted these pix so I could see him better :)

The Holdaway Family said...

I love this little boy! I wish that you lived closer so I could cuddle with him more!