Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Cordless!!!

Good news!
We're finally cordless!!!
The Doc said we are in the clear to take the monitor off for good.
Porter has been doing so good...the monitor has been going off a lot...but that is because his little legs keep pulling the cords from the leads.
It will be so nice not to have to worry about tripping over cords, and no more little blisters under his arm pits from the leads.
Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for this kind of technology, and that we were able to use it to monitor him, but man, I am so glad that we are past this part in his little life!
His reflux is getting worse, but we switched medicines, so hopefully that will make a difference.
We just love this little guy!

Here is a picture of what it looked like if you wanted to carry him anywhere, the cords are cut off at the bottom of the picture, but they hung down too. I was always afraid I was gonna trip over them on the stairs.

And here is what the set-up looked like all hooked up to the poor guy.
The Velcro belt held the two leads under each armpit, and then the cords went into a big cord, then into the monitor.
Glad it's gone!

15 comments:

The Holdaway Family said...

YEAH!!! I am so happy! That would be such a pain to deal with but like you said it is great to have that technology!

Erin said...

hooray!!

Bald n Beautiful said...

Great job Porter. He is getting cuter and cuter Kim.

michelle said...

Oh man! I am sorry! That dosn't look like very much fun packing that all around. But it was well worth it if it helped him! He is soo stinken CUTE!!!! and your looking pretty good yourself after just having him! Thank you for your thoughts on my blog, I apprecitate it! Glad you came our way for a visit too! Have a great day!

Lyric Payne said...

It's about time...and I didn't even have to worry about tripping over cords!

Angela said...

What great news that he's finally off the moniters. I'm sure you're more than happy to be rid of those. He is such a cute little boy.

Anjeanette said...

So happy for you and Porter. He will probably even be a happier little baby because of it. Now he will even be easier to love on, if that is possible. :)

Katie Call-Sommer said...

YAY that's great to hear!! What a cute little boy!

Cin said...

Hi Kimmie! So glad that Port is done with the monitor...yipee!! He is so cute and I am so sad I did not get to see him and kiss on his little cheeks when you were here in E-town. Guess you'll have to kiss them for me until I can do it myself. The pics of Porter and Bridger are so cute...you can tell they both have some Matthews blood running in their veins...those are priceless pics...thanks for taking the time to go and see Brooke and Bridge. Give everyone my love...hope to see you all soon! Love ya :)

Malisa said...

Hooray! He is so cute!

Nicole said...

Glad they are off! What a cutie he is. And how in the heck did you get skinny so fast!

Jodi Gallagher said...

Hooray! How nice to have just him and not all the cords with him. He is such a cute little guy!

DTanner said...

You look great! Are you sure you just had that baby?

Amy said...

Hurray for no more cords! He's such a cutie and I'm sure he'll be happy to be rid of all the accessories :)

Young family said...

Yeah.. for all of you!!