Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hunting Trip

I will try to sum up what Brent and the girls did for a week away from Elsie and me.
First they went to Evanston to visit with Grandma Ene, I know they had a ton of fun there. Repainting Grandmas deck, going shooting, going down to the creek with Grandma, helping Grandpa in the feed store, and just having fun! I will have to find Madi's camera. She may have some picts from the Evanston trip, but then again they might have been having too much fun for pictures!
They went with Brent's sister Nancy, her hubby Russ, their two boys, Matthew and Caleb, and two youngest girls, Heather and Lauren. The plan was to camp the first night with Dad and the boys and see how things went then Nancy would either take the girls back home to her house, or stay...well I guess they had so much fun they decided to stay. The first day while the boys were hunting Nancy took the girls into the closest town and had a fun time going to toy stores and eating out for lunch and hanging out with cousins. The the second morning is when the snow came. The boys left early to do some hunting, but had to cut things short cause they couldn't really see anything.
I know they all had a great time, especially the girls! I know that Brent had a lot of fun with his girls. Cassi is going though Dad with-drawls today. He had to go back to work today, and she wasn't very happy about that. They have been together every day since last Tuesday! Anyway, I think I summed it all up...I wish I could have been there with them. Oh well, next year!!!

All bundled up for a chilly night!

Cooking dinner in the snowfall...this picture makes me want to give Cassi a big hug...I am sure she was just exhausted!

Wearing Dads socks to stay warm for the night

Snow!

9 comments:

Young family said...

Looks like they had a great time. We are glad they are back home safe.

Sara said...

Such great memories the girls made with Brent! I am glad that they had such a great time!

Jodi Gallagher said...

How fun for the girls and Brent! Hopefully next time you can go!

Dustin said...

And they pressure washed our house!

Benny boy made my mom's day!

Malisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Malisa said...

Looks like a fun hunting trip! I love the girls socks. I can't believe there is that much snow in Evanston already. I am so not ready for winter yet. I just read your comment on Ivy's that you went to school with Jeremy and Thayne. It is such a small world.

Jilene said...

so fun and so cold! It looks like they had a blast! how are you feeling? any names yet? hang in there, you're almost done! :-)

michelle said...

That is a ton of snow! That is why we only go on the muzzleloader hunt with cody, The rifle hunt is freezing. But it looks like they it didn't damper there spirits. Your girls are always smiling so beautifully!
I can't wait to see pict of that sweet lil boy!! Yaah not to much longer .Hang in there!~

Lyric Payne said...

I'll bet Madi was in Dad heaven. What a good dad he is.