Friday, October 17, 2008

Elsie's new bed

We knew Elsie wasn't ready to go in the bunk-beds with Cassi yet, but we needed the crib for the new baby. This crib was from my Grandmas house, and I fell in love with it. It is bigger than a normal size crib, but smaller than a twin bed. I thought it would perfect for Elsie. I loved the paint on it...all chipped and worn...unfortunately, it was lead paint. So we had it sand-blasted, we painted it up, and it turned out so good. Elsie will go into Madi's room until she is big enough to move to the bunk-beds with Cass.
BEFORE


AFTER

I am in the process of making a bedspread to match Madi's and a bed skirt...which should all be very cute. Then when Elsie moves onto the bunk beds with Cassi, we can take one side off the crib, add a bunch of throw pillows and it will be a little reading couch for Madi.
And I have finished the baby's blanket, I just wanted to wait and get the crib all put together before I posted it. But it turned out exactly how I wanted it to!

11 comments:

Sara said...

Awesome! Too bad it was lead paint! But, it turned out great!!!

Jenni said...

It really did turn out great. I have to say I was a little skeptical of your whole mattress cutting and fitting together but it really worked. Good job.

skcoe said...

BEAUTIFUL! She's going to love it.

DTanner said...

That is darling. I love how creative you are. Can you come to my house? I did see a really cool screen door the other day on the side of the road that would be a cool headboard though...

Young family said...

It looks so good. And how fun to have Madi and Elsie share a room. They are so cute together.

Erin said...

that crib is so cool! good job refinishing it. i love it.

Books = Possibilities said...

Great job with the crib. It looks very nice, and very you. :)

How does Elsie like it? Is the transition weird for her?

Bald n Beautiful said...

I love it, I am a little envious of all the great items you find to refinish. It looks very classy. I am dying to see all the bedding so post soon!

Katie Call-Sommer said...

i like the new crib! do you have a name for your baby boy yet?

Ed and Ivy said...

You are so creative, I love all the old things you guys find and refinish...they always turn out so cute! Good eye!

Jodi Gallagher said...

How fun! I can't wait to see the bedding! You are so talented!