Saturday, September 13, 2008

More Soccer

Well, it didn't go quite as planned. Again Cassi had a very hard time. I don't get it. She isn't like this at all!!! She did, at the end, when one of the team members left, and another got hurt, they HAD to have another player, so she actually stepped in bounds. Her coach took her and and she actually kicked the ball, played a little bit....then, out she came with tears in her eyes! I am thinking of maybe having some of her team-mates over to play, so she feels more comfortable with them. Any suggestions???
Madi and Cassi's games were at the same time today. So I missed the first half of Madi's game, but she was rocking it when I saw her. Her kicks are getting so powerful. She is getting so good and loving Dad as her coach!

5 comments:

The Holdaway Family said...

Madi has the look of pure determination on her face! Love it!

Sorry that Cassi is having a hard time, what does she say about it when you get home? I think having some of the kids over is a great idea...
you could also see if a friend could take her instead of you, maybe she is just testing her limits with this new activity...

Anjeanette said...

I looked for you today...didn't see you.

That's a bummer Cassi is having such a hard time. It's so hard not to get frustrated with them when they act like that. Hopefully she will come around. Madi does look very determined. Can't wait to play you! :)

Angela said...

Is the coach scrimmaging in practice? She just may not be used to everyone rushing at her when she has the ball. I hated that part of sports growing up. It's very intimidating. It'll probably just take some getting used to. Have a heart to heart with her and ask her what makes her so sad (when the pressure is not on her to answer) and maybe she'll tell you what's bothering her about playing. Good luck. Cute pictures by the way (as always!)

Nicole said...

What you need to do is play with her or have your husband play with her. Sometimes it is easier to know what to do when a family memeber helps them out. Having one of the girls over might help too. Maybe she just doesn't like soccer.

Jilene said...

hey Kim, I know you have made a "blurb" book before and I STILL can't get it to work. Do you think we can get together one of these days and show me how you did it. maybe I'm just doing it wrong. Let me know if you have some time one of these mornings...maybe before the baby comes, which only give me 2 weeks. Let me know...Thanks a ton!