Saturday, August 30, 2008

Party at the Station

Madi wanted cinnamon rolls for her birthday instead of birthday cake...so they helped me make them...cinnamon rolls usually take a long time...but it takes a little bit longer when little hands are helping. But they did have SO much fun!!!

Elsie woke up while we were doing it and was happy to help out!

Madi's giant Cinnamon roll Birthday cake!

We went to the Fire Station, cause Brent was on duty. So we took a bunch of Cinnamon rolls for the guys. And the girls got to play around.
The one thing Madi asked for her birthday was a camera. Well, those kid-proof cameras are almost $80, and they are pretty low in resolution. So I did some shopping around and thought I found a pretty good deal...well, when I went to the store they had this one on clearance for $50...can't beat that!!! She was so excited!

Brent took the girls up into the bucket of the Firetruck...they are pretty lucky...there are still tons of Firemen who haven't even got to go up in the bucket!

They got pretty high until the girls told Brent that they had gone high enough...this is my shot of them in the bucket...
And this is Madi's shot from the bucket of Elsie and me, with Madi's very own camera!


I think Elsie felt a little left out!


So Daddy took her up, until she thought it was high enough.

But she loves the Firetrucks!!!

These are a couple shots that Madi took with her camera...I am telling you...she's got an eye!
I think this one is pretty cool!

It was a fun party at the Fire Station!

7 comments:

Cami said...

That is such an awesome deal on that camera! Where did you find it? Did I mention how much I love Madi's haircut? Anywho, cute pics as always!

skcoe said...

It's always interesting to see the view from your child's eyes, Jayden got a camera for Christmas and he LOVES going around snapping candids of people. I love it!

Sara said...

What a great birthday!!! I love that picture of Elsie sad. It is just too cute! That is so exciting that Madi got a camera! What was her reaction when she opened it? Did she really think she would be getting one? I think she is following in her mommy's footsteps!

What a great cinnamon roll cake! It looks soooo yummy!!!

The Holdaway Family said...

It might take more time with them helping but that is what memories are made of! The end result turned out looking yummy! That is cool that you got Madi a camera and even better that you got such a great deal on it...I think that is one reason that Morgan doesn't use her camera so much, the resoulution is so low and it is difficult to download pictures on it.

What kind of camera was it?

Erin said...

how fun for madi to have a camera of her own! seriously, you have such beautiful little girls!

Nicole said...

Great idea instead of a regular birthday cake. I think it's a great idea to get them a camera. My kids always end up with my old digital camera when I buy a new one.

Jodi Gallagher said...

Looks like alot of fun at the station! The cinnamon rolls look so yummy!