Friday, November 16, 2007

My new favorite part of the day

The best part of the day lately has been after dinner...the clean-up...I know...am I crazy!!!
No, my girls have become such good helpers...they clear the table...Cass pulls the chairs out of the kitchen so Madi can sweep...Madi rinses off the dishes so I can put them in the dishwasher...
They both pitch in and put the left-overs, drinks...all the extra stuff away...and Elsie gets to have some alone time with Dad...today he taught her to touch your nose when you ask her to...big step!!! Anyway, isn't this what life is all about?




8 comments:

Jenni said...

That is great, you are turning a time that could be negative into a great time for everyone. That is what good parenting is all about and you are enjoying every part of life. I could learn some lessons from that.

Sara said...

That is awesome! Cassi and Madi are great helpers! Hooray for Elsie! I don't think it is silly that this is your favorite time of day!

skcoe said...

Isn't it all about the little things that make your day run smoothly? What a "Happy Mommy" moment!!!

Cami said...

Aw! Have I mentioned that I can't wait til me and Clint have our own little family? :)

Lyric Payne said...

That sounds like such a happy time around the Matthews home. Isn't it funny how some of the most mundane tasks can be made really fun with kids. And it makes me so excited to see another generation of cleaners being trained!!

Amy said...

I think it's so awesome that your girls are pitching in and that you're making clean-up fun! ... and GO Elsie! What a fun new trick!

Anjeanette said...

Yes, that is what life is all about. That is awesome that you have the patience to let them help. That is something I need to be better about. I get so impatient, and would just rather hurry and do it myself. I have now realized I am not teaching them a dang thing about cleaning. Thanks!

The Holdaway Family said...

you've got those girls trained! congrats! Now that we are settling we will start chores again...I can't wait!