Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Wednesday April 27

Sweet baby girl started crawling today!!!!!
I had to FaceTime to see for myself!
She was so excited to show off her skills!!!!
She’s gonna keep mama busy because she wants to explore the world!!!!!!
*****
Port and I had an experience and I wanted to write it down.
This last Sunday, our ward started a new challenge.
It will be a 5 month challenge that will go along with the conference talk from Pres Nelson about Spiritual Momentum.
Anyway, the first month is Get and stay on the Covenant Path.
Anyway, it was YM and he was meeting at the park and Elsie was meeting at the Lovelands house.
Well, normally that wouldn't be a big deal because they are close if we can take lake hazel.....but that road is closed.
We were running late and Elsie was taking a lot of time, so since I had to come back by our house anyway, I just told Elsie I would pick her up after I dropped Porter off.
Well, I started going and had a great idea to take a short cut!
I run the canal roads and I know that it would lead right to the park!
And it would cut off several minutes of drive time since I would have to drive around the whole block.
I get going on the canal road and things are going good, until we noticed a backhoe blocking the canal road.
With no way to get around.
With the water in the canal on one side and a drop down into a lower field on the other.....we had no room to go around or turn around!!!!
Remember we are running late.
So I throw it in reverse (reverse is not my strong suit).
Porter is pretty worried about my ability to stay on the canal road.....I went slow and steady and made it to the junction where I could turn back onto the road or down another canal road.
I thought MAYBE that other canal road had been worked on since I last ran it and MAYBE it might connect where I can cut through to the park.
So I get ready to go that direction, but as I backed up onto this bridge, I went a little too far to the left and the back drivers wheel went down a little lower than the rest of the wheels......making the front passenger wheel lift to where it wasn't actually touching the ground.
I was a little worried.
A lot worried.
I said a little prayer and felt good about throwing the car in drive and pulling forward.
Thankfully, it worked.
But, to my dismay, the canal road DID NOT connect to a road to the park. 
Just a longer canal road to drive to get to the actual road.
So now we were there, right where we started......just 20 minutes later.
As we were driving, Port and I talked about how this little object lesson fit right along with getting and staying on the covenant path.
Sometimes we think shortcuts will get us to where we need to go faster...
And sometimes we go so far down a road and realize we need to back up, or repent.
We can always repent!
As we pulled up at the park, I looked down the road at the construction and thought out loud, I wonder if I can get through to get home that way.
Porter made me PROMISE I would not try it!
That I would just take the nice paved road and get home safe.
I told him that we could also add that into the Covenant Road analogy.
Even when we make mistakes, repent and learn from them........sometimes we still think that our plan is better than Heavenly Fathers plan!!!!!!
So we keep taking the wrong roads!!!!
I did not take the construction road.
I took the long way and picked up Elsie and took her using the right roads :)
 I just love when you study something and then find actual examples of it in you life.
It is a pretty cool way to learn!!!!









 

No comments: