Monday, March 30, 2020

Sunday March 29

We watched a Joseph Smith restoration video and other church video's this morning while waiting for Madi and Logan to get here for Home church.
We all fasted today for the world wide fast.
Some were more happy about it than others.
Elsie started out okay....but then she was pretty stubborn the rest of the day.
I think she would have been like that anyway, fasting or not.
She needs to get back on some kind of routine!!!!
She refused to be a part of the Sunday picture......so I got one of her pouting on the ground.
Anyway.
For church, we shared testimonies/discussions.
I shared about how while listening to the video the Pres. Nelson talked about the airplae he was in going down.....the part where he says that the downward spiral exstiguisehed the flames.
Now, the video didn't focus on that.....but I love what it taught me.
It was the downward spiral that probably freaked people out.
But that was the exact thing that put the flames out, which were the actual/original threat to the plane.
I tried to liken it to what we are experiancing right now in the world.
This virus/quarantine stuff feels kind of like the plane is spirlaling down and about to hit the ground.
But who's to say that this isn't what will fix what has been the actual problem.
Again, in that video Pre. Nelson speaks about men's hearts failing them.
I look at things that have happened around the world and to people we know very well.....
Things that are like the flame in the airplane engine.
And then I look at what we are experiencing right now, and how we can look and see how the Lord has been preparing us for this time RIGHT NOW!!!
This exact trial!
From having a more home centered church, to what has even become more personal to us this weekend.....adjusting the time between civil weddings and being sealed.
How could have we have ever thought that ALL the temples would close and there would be NO temple work done!!!!
No one could have ever imagined that happening.
But all the small steps for many years have prepared us to make our own homes a place of refuge and place where the spirit can dwell.
How could we have known just how important that would be!!!!
Right now, it is our homes that are the most sacred places....our homes have become our temples.
So when I think about us being in this downward spiral...….and those flames being extinguished.
By our hearts turning to the Lord.
By us recognizing that the Lord has ALWAYS been there.
He doesn't want our plane to go down.
The only way to put the flames out is do plummet in a downward spiral.
I don't even know if that makes sense...….But it works for me :)
I have been so filled with Gratitude today.
So thankful for this life we get to have.
Yes, it is scary right now.
But I also trust in the Lord and his plan and I know it will all work out.
I do know that one of my spiritual gifts is the ability to have Faith...and I know it is not something easy for a lot of people.
And it isn't always easy for me......but I do try to focus on the fact that the Lord is on our side!!!!
He doesn't want our plane to hit the ground!!!!
Logan talked about Patience and also trusting in the Lords timing.
How this Worldwide fast doesn't mean that everything will go away tomorrow.
It will still take time....
We are aligning our will with the Fathers....not trying to get him to do what WE want.
He also shared a thought about how he is excited about this new life with Madi.
They each have had their separate lives....and now their union brings them together to start a whole new life together.
And that is pretty exciting.
Cassi shared about Patience as well.
She read a couple conference talks yesterday and it got her thinking about having more patience with her family members.
Madi talked about not wanting to be slothful and looking for ways to fulfill what we have been called to do.
You know, filling the measure of our creation.
She talked about how her patriarchal blessings speaks about her involvement in family history work.
I love that.
I think about all the work she will be able to participate in with Logan being a convert and finding his family members with him.
That is so exciting.
We also talked about how when the temples open us, members will be so hungry to get back to the temple and the work will b pushed forward like crazy....and they will need names to take to the temple!!!!
It really is exciting!
Madi and Logan left after that.
We did Come Follow Me by talking more about the restoration.
I am so excited for General Conference next weekend.
I want to spend more time this week praying and listening and finding questions that I need answers to....and then participate with my whole heart during General Conference!
Also.....I am so excited to have Dad back home with me tomorrow!!!!





No comments: