Saturday, September 28, 2019

Saturday September 28

It was cold outside today!!!!!
It took a while to get myself to go, but I got out to do my half marathon.
It went actually quite well....with an average 8:13 minute mile.
Not too shabby.
But man, I sweat a lot which makes it hard in cold weather.
I want to bundle up, but then get too sweaty then get freezing because I am all wet!
Oh well.
This may be my last chance to run a half outside before it gets too cold :(
I don't think I can get myself to do 13 mile on a treadmill!!!!
Anyway.
We got house stuff done, laundry.
The kids were pretty helpful.
Port hung out with Koy and Titan all day.
They made a fire to roast their hot dogs for lunch :)
And did all sorts of cowboy stuff all day.
Dad and I had an early date with Justin and Sherrie.
We went and got a burger and then went to watch Downton Abbey.
It was a good movie and a good night.
While we were gone, Elsie fell down the deck stairs.
Cassi said it was pretty traumatic to watch her.
She was at the top of the stairs and lost her balance, her knees kind of buckled and then she went into a backwards somersault.
Luckily, and I don't understand HOW.....she only has some bruising on her arm.
I tell you, that girl...she's got her own army of guardian angels.
Same ones that buffered her in the car accident...they were there again....buffering again!
I am so thankful she is okay!
It could have been so so bad!!!!!
I am thankful Cassi was able to calm her down and take care of the situation.

No comments: