Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Tuesday March 12

Man it turned cold today!!!!!
Brr!
I just want warm weather!
Dad did some touch up stuff down in the art room for me today.
I spent time scanning in old family photos.
That was fun.
I need to get some printed to hang on my wall that I have been meaning to do.
Anyway.
The little kids had piano lessons, Porter was supposed to have football practice.
They cancelled because it started snowing!!!!!
Cassi also came home from rugby early because of the cold weather.
We were able to be all together for dinner, so that was good.
I went to the Stake RS woman's conference.
It was such a wonderful night.
Just what I needed to hear.
I wish I would have taken notes!!!!
But the main lady that spoke is an artist.
She shared her story of the making process of a beautiful picture of Christ she created.
And how through pray and study, she was guided with the process and it turned out better than if she would have done it on her own.
Then she shared how she doesn't like people to see her artwork when it is in the beginning process.
She does things that doesn't make sense to the untrained eye.
Adds weird colors to the face for shadows, adds complimentary colors together to add depth.
But to someone who doesn't know what she is doing, it kind of looks a mess.
She compared this to our lives and how the Lord works with us.
How we need to be patient with him and his timing as he creates the masterpiece we are meant to be.
It was just really good.
I don't know her, but I looked her number up on LDS tools and I told her how grateful I was for her to share her story with us.
I also asked if she would share her slides with me with all the great quotes :)
She said she would, so I will add those later!






No comments: