Tuesday, January 01, 2019

Tuesday January 1 2019

Well, dad got up a little early to get a brisket into the smoker for dinner tonight, but then hopped back in bed :)
Madi had a breakfast date this morning, so she was up before anyone in the house was.
Port had a fun time at the Morgan's and fell asleep a little after 2, then woke up at 7.
He hung at the Morgan's for a bit before coming home.
After a good run, I got ready for the day and when Port came home, we decided to go to the movies.
WELL, that is what everyone else thought to do as well.
We got our tickets and went in to find that the only seats available were the front row, we sat there and quickly decided it would not work!
Why in the world do they even have seats there?!?!?!
We decided to go get our money back and then watch a movie at home :)
Which ended up being a really fun time anyway.
Well, we had Bubble and Eldon over for dinner tonight.
That is why Brent was making the brisket :)
It was a nice evening with good food!
After they left, we sat down as a family to talk about our last year, and how we did with our last years theme, 'Knitting our hearts together'.
They talked about Hawaii, the trip to Yellowstone, seeing the Tetons and Buffalo, trips to see family, and just doing stuff together.
We talked about how we still fought, but also had a great time together.
We know it is impossible to not fight.....but we can try harder.
We can still do better and try to knit our hearts together.
So them we talked about coming up with a new family theme for 2019.
When I started reading the B of M in October, I can across this scripture and it really stuck with me.
And I haven't; gotten it out of my head.
So I shared it with the family and they agreed it would make a great theme for this year.
It comes from Jabob 7:25
It says:
Wherefore, the People of Nephi did fortify against them with their arms, and with all their might, trusting in the God and rock of their salvation; wherefore, they became as yet, conquerors of their enemies.
How great is that????
We came up with the theme of:

FORTIFY AND CONQUER

Never has there been a more important time for us to fortify ourselves, our testimonies and our families.
When it speaks of fortifying themselves with arms....it makes me think of this new Come Follow Me program.
It will be a tool for us to fight against our enemies.
There are so many enemies fighting against our family.
Whether it be the stress of the world, being impatient with each other, or even bigger things.....
We need to fortify and conquer those enemies.
I look forward to this year.
I am excited to have a program that will help us along with our family theme for the year....keep us accountable and help us remember our goals!
Anyway...pretty cool.
Then at scripture study tonight we read in Alma 2 about how the Nephites were outnumbered by the Lamanites and Amlicites.
But the Nephites were able to conquer because they were strengthened by the hand of the Lord.
So just like the Nephites, we can conquer our enemies with the Lord on our side.
I just love when things work together like that.
It shows me that I have a Heavenly Father who watches out for me and my family.

Port convinced Dad to let him stay up a little bit longer while I blog :)
Love my boys...

No comments: