Monday, August 20, 2018

Monday August 20

I tried to get the kids up at an early time this morning.....but it was a bit later last night than I thought it would be when they got to bed.
Tonight they went to bed earlier, so early wake up time trail again tomorrow!
Cassi did s couple hours of her driver's ed driving this morning.
She did great.....and she gets to go on the freeway tomorrow!!!!!!!
She will do great!!!!
Let's see, I went running and then when Madi got home from a birthday brunch she went to, we went school shopping for her.
We had to get home in time for me to take Elsie to Speech at 3:45.
Elsie did great.
It has been hard, this speech therapy she has been doing!
We are trying to loosen her top lip.
Her bottom is very lose and the top is very tight.
She does a bunch of exercises on her top lip to help loosen and lengthen those tiny muscles.
But the hard part is, you can't do it when you are smiling...…
Guess what?
Elsie smiles a lot!
So we have been trying to get her to work on meditative type of stuff....or boring stuff :)
She plays with some putty while me and her therapist talk about things that are boring for kids :)
Ha ha....we work on breathing too and relaxing....
So today she did a great job not smiling!
It is still hard, but she is working on it :)
Went to Walmart, where Madi was with Porter, Alex, Laela and Henley, and I gave Elsie to her, because she was heading home and I swapped for Porter.
The girls went home and got dinner started
Port and I got some fun stuff like toilet paper :)
Then this evening, while I cleaned the kitchen , the kiddos all spent about an hour reading.
Part of that time, Port was outside with me watering plants and catching chickens that had escaped.
Oh, and I forgot that he did a great job this morning of picking up the fallen pears and apples and giving them to the chickens and cows.
I ordered a dehydrator today and it will be here Wednesday, so I am looking forward to making some fun dried fruit and fruit leather!!!!!


No comments: