Monday, April 16, 2018

Monday April 16

Today turned out to be a never-ending, non-stop kind of day!!!!!
After the kiddos went to school, I had a dr appt.
My shoulder has been bothering me for the past month and a half.
I decided to finally go and get it looked out.
Well, I sure picked the wrong day!
One of the dr's had to leave to a funeral...and his appointments were not moved like they should have been.
So my doc took on his patients for him....
It was an hour before I was even taken back to be seen!!!!
So did my apt, and then had some x-rays done.
The doc thought I would be sent home after the x-rays....but the x-ray tech just took me back into the room.
So I was back there for another 30 minutes or so before they realized I was still there!!!!!
Oh well....
I missed one of my VT (ministering) apt while waiting and made it for the last half of my second one.
I went right from that apt to the house so I could use the bathroom before my next meeting which was for YW.
Brent made me a shake, so I could have something to eat!!!!!
The YW meeting went well.
I left there and ran home to pick up the little car, which Dad just put a new battery in.
I picked up Elsie from school and went to PT.
She was awesome at PT and worked really hard.
We always leave PT right at rush hour traffic, but today seemed to be way worse than normal!
I had to send Madi to pick up the rugby carpool and Dad had to run Porter to football because Vern accidentally forgot she was taking him!
AHHH!
So Elsie and I grabbed some pizza on the way home.
We waited for us all to be home and ate dinner.
Except for Porter, who was at football.
He had eaten before practice.
Then we were able to all sit down and have FHE.
We sang the song 'Love at home' and then took quizzes to find out what each other's love languages are.
It was pretty fun.
I think for the most part we knew what people's love language was....but it was nice to talk about it and realize how we can better love each other.
Madi's love language is quality time.
Cassi's love language is words of affirmation.
Elsie's is physical touch.
Port tied with physical touch (duh....he has always been my biggest cuddler!) and quality time.
I know it will help us be a better mom and Dad, but I am hoping it will help each other see how they can love each other better too.

No comments: