Monday, November 23, 2015

Monday November 23

I am so excited about my island!!!!!!!!!
It is even better than I thought it would be!
So today I woke up and got a workout before I had to get ready and leave to take Elsie to PT at 8:30.
She did really well.
We are trying even more taping.
Using it in the same spots, but now adding some in the front of her ankle.....stretching it a little while the foot is flexed so that when it points, the tape pulls it back up.
Fascinating stuff!
I am sure that will take some time to get used to.
And I will need to figure out the right amount to stretch it, since the stuff today has already started peeling off.
Anyway.
Came home and the kids had started with the laundry and cleaning.
We have family coming tomorrow and we wanted to get some major cleaning done today :)
About 1, Vern had a little play date at the school.
There wasn't much of a turnout, but it was fun.
Got the kids outside and running around.
I did the final coat of sanding on the island.
Then at about 3:15, I left again to go take some pictures.
The kids did a good job getting their jobs done.
While I was gone, the big girls helped Dad put the island top n the tractor and they brought it on the deck and the girls helped him slide it in and get it up on the bases!
I was super surprised when I walked in and the island was all put together!
I love it!!!!!
We are not gonna pt the top coat on yet.
It can't have heavy use until after 1 week or curing.
And I would consider Thanksgiving to be heavy use time!
So I actually have some thick vinyl plastic that fits the island that we will just use as a table cloth kind of thing until after our company leaves :)
But I am so excited about it!
We will get new stools of course....I am surprised those are still standing!
And the table will be painted eventually, and the ship lap in the sides of the double oven will be painted.....
Cabinets will be painted.....
We will get a built-in thing above the stove hood.
Still lots to do, but this is a step in the forward direction!
And I am super happy!
Cassi did FHE tonight.
She used the same lesson she used in YW yesterday about why Heavenly Father wants us to have healthy bodies.
The boy was not too happy that the dessert was going to be Cuties instead of ice cream......but he gt over it :)





1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

The island looks amazing Kim!!!! Can't wait to see it in person!!