Saturday, July 18, 2015

Saturday July 18 (add pictures)

It's late and it has been a long day.
But I had the most amazing experience today.
I don't want to forget what I felt.
We met with most of the family for an early morning session at the Payson temple.
First of all it was a beautiful, beautiful temple.
It was neat to be there with so many siblings.
I was happy to be there.
It has been a while since we have been to the temple.
I sat there listening and watching what was going on.
I loved watching my sweet Mom and Dad together.
I was just so very happy sitting there.
I kept sneaking a peak at Brent and he would already be looking at me and we would send a little wink to each other.
I was completely overcome with the most overwhelming sense of Gratitude.
Gratitude for Brent and that I could have so very easily lost him in the car accident, but didn't.
Thankful that I get him, forever.
I am so Thankful for the hard times we have had.
And believe me, there were some very low times.
But without these things we have gone through, together, I don't see how we could still have such a deep love for each other.
To be at rock bottom, together, and have to find our way out, together.
I am just so grateful for him.
There are just not words that could express what I felt in the temple today.
I had tears streaming down my cheeks most of the time.
Towards the end, when we were getting ready to move along, one of the temple worker's pulled me aside.
She said that I was lucky to have such an affectionate husband and that she had been searching her whole life to find a husband that would love her like my husband loves me.
Oh that just put me over the edge.
The fact that I was already feeling this overwhelming amount of love for him, and then to have a complete stranger recognize what we have together.
Just so special.
The time we got to spend in the Celestial room was very special.
He is my world.
And I am his.
I know it was not by chance that we ended up together.
We needed each other.
*****
Lots more fun stuff happened today.
Of course we had the big family pictures taken, as well as the individual ones.
And we played at Salem ponds for much of the day.
Later in the evening we went to Rachel's house where there was lots of time to chat and play.
We had some breakfast for dinner and then just before the night ended, we had our third annual talent show :)
Always a fun time.
So LOTS and LOTS of pictures to share..........
Soon I hope.
*****
Oh, something that has been very fun....
My sister, Mel, set up for us to use the #pfr15 (Peterson Family Reunion 2015) on all our Instagram pictures.
And we are having them all put together into chatbooks, so we can all enjoy the pictures!
I think we have already filled 6 books full :)
Each book having 60 pictures in it!
That's a lot of pictures!!!!!!!
I think it will be so fun to have!


1 comment:

Nancy said...

What an awesome experience!!!! God is so good to us!!! I was worrying about you cause it wasn't showing that your blog had updated and then I realized you had probably gone private again...thanks for keeping me in the loop!!!! You inspire me, make me smile and laugh and appreaciate life!!!!
Have a great vacation!!!