Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Tuesday June 16

So big news!
Tomorrow is a big day.
Yes, Madi and I will be leaving for camp, but even bigger......
Dad is going back to work!!!!!!
Real work!
I didn't say anything on the blog before because he was maybe gonna surprise the guys and just show up in the morning.
But he decided to tell his BC and captain :)
He is excited...and nervous too.
Kind of like the first day of school.
I mean he hasn't been to work for almost 6 months!!!!
That is a long time!
I think it will be great for him to get back.
I think it is gonna be rough....he is still sore and hurting.
But I think he is ready.
More than ready!
I think getting back to work might be his best therapy to have!
So that is so exciting!
*****
It was a nice day today.
I went for a run....and totally forgot about Elsie's speech appointment with Joanne.
Again!
But I was home in time, so it worked out :)
Elsie has been stuck to Emmy's side all day!
She is in heaven :)
Dad did a lot today.
he worked with Cassi to get the pipes in the field fixed.
They also filled in the pits in the back lawn with dirt and planted grass seed.
Then later on he put up the door on the wall that leads down to the basement.
And he and Madi trimmed them out and did another window too.
It looks so great!
So exciting!
Now I just need to get all the doors and trim painted!!!!
That is a big job too!!!
*****
I was boring today and made sure I got packed....
Made another trip to Walmart for some last minute stuff, and took Cass with me :)
Madi got another rail painted on the deck.....keeping her promise to paint at least one a day.
She will be gone for a few days, so she will need to make them up when she gets home!
*****
Emmy brought me the blanket she made me for my birthday.
I love it!
It has quilted 12 turquoise pattern fabric hearts in a grey pattern fabric background.
I love the pattern she did!
I love hearts....and I love turquoise :)
The back is awesome.....she stitched around each heart so they have hearts on the back too.
She is so talented and put so much time and effort and love into the blankets she makes!
Thanks Emmy, love you so much!!!!
*****
I also got the boys hair cut tonight :)
They were both looking a bit ragged, but still handsome as ever!
But I like it much better when they are clean cut!
*****
So I won't be blogging for a few days....but I will be keeping a journal.
And I will be taking lots of pictures.
And Emmy will take pictures too, so I can see the stuff they did while I was gone!
And wish Emmy luck while we are gone!
She is so awesome to come and help us out.
She's one in a million!
And please keep Brent in your prayers, that all will go well for him.
He will do awesome and I am excited for him.....but he still needs to be careful!








No comments: