Sunday, June 21, 2015

Sunday June 21

Happy Fathers day to the very best dads in the whole world!
I have such a great dad who always had time for us.
He was so patient, and calm....
And that is saying something having 8 girls...and one little boy :)
I think he is pretty great and I am so grateful for all I have learned form him!
I am also blessed by having such an amazing, kind, and loving Father-in-law.
I always hate to use the term mother-in-law and father-in-law.
Because they have always been more than that.
Grandpa has always given me the kindest smiles, and seems to tease me the very most....a sure sign of his love :)
I am so grateful for the example he was to his own son.
And I am grateful for the man I married, who is the father of my children.
We have had a rough patch....and still aren't all the way through it....
But we have learned a lot about each other and what is most important.
So I am grateful for the hard times.
I am grateful for the love he has for his children.
He wants them to be loved and feel safe and secure.
And they do.
I am glad we get a day to celebrate him.
Port and I made him breakfast this morning.
Blueberry muffins and bacon.
His fav :)
Then we opened presents.
Porter made a wooden airplane for Dad about a month ago.
He has had it hiding in the well house and he was so excited to give it to dad today.
The plan it to hang it in the shop from the ceiling :)
The girls made cards at the library when Emmy took them over this last week.
Hap-pea-father's day.
They were so cute :)
And Cassi made Dad a little fishing tackle box with a note that said "You are o-FISH-ially the greatest dad.
Then it was filled with gummy worms and Swedish fish.
It was pretty cute.
After that, I was still dragging from lack of sleep over girls camp.
So I took Port with me and we had a little nap.
I am glad I did....but it did make us in a rush to get ready for church.
We got to church and everyone was mad and frustrated with each other.....
And then the opening song was "Love at Home".
Of course!!!!!
Ha ha....
So we need to try better for that :)
Church was great....except I couldn't get Elsie to go to class.
But she said she would next week.
So we will see.
I think she is going through Emmy withdrawals.....she has been kind of a stink today.
After church, Dad made his awesome ribs.
I told him i would make him anything he wanted....he wanted ribs.
And he's the one who cooks the ribs :)
But i know he also enjoys cooking, so it wasn't too mean of me for him to have to cook on Father's day.
After dinner, we all plopped ourselves on mom and dads bead and watched some of Granite Flats.
Then we had a visit from Bubbles and Eldon.
And before we knew it, it was bedtime :)
I hope it was an okay day for dad.
We sure love him, and we think he deserves the best.





1 comment:

Young family said...

Sounds like a great father's day! Can't wait to hear all your girl camp stories!