Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sunday May 24

It was such a good day today.
All the kiddos slept good in their rooms last night.
Port did come down to me around 4 a.m......but that is not unusual.
Hopefully we can kick that habit quickly now that he is in his real bed!
So we spent time talking this morning and eating a big breakfast together.
We all had time to slowly get ready for church while visiting with each other.
Port started asking me about my parents parents and their parents etc.....
So I told him we can look all those people up on our Family Tree app.
He was so excited and actually spent a lot of sacrament meeting looking at the faces of his ancestors.
He was so excited to find a picture of a guy in dads line wearing a soldier uniform.
His name was Samuel Hutchinson and he kept talking about him and wanting to find out more about him.
It was super cute how interested he was in these family tree people!
After Sacrament, we all came home, except Madi.
She wanted to stay for class, and I had to go back to teach the Beehives.
So once I brought the fam home we went back.
Britt and Leith needed to get back home at a decent time, so they all came home to visit for a little bit.
After church, we all gathered together for a yummy dinner that Dave and Cindy made for us.
We got to use my new double ovens for the first time!!!!!
So exciting!
After dinner we gathered in the front room and started looking up family members on Family Tree.
Port wanted me to print out a picture of Samuel so he could hang it on his wall.
We found out that he died in Amy and is most likely buried in the cemetery next to Dave and Cindy's house.
They are gonna check it out for us.
We found out he dies in a mine explosion when he was 35 along with two of his brothers.
Sad :(
And that he had 8 kids.
Family history really is so neat!
And I just love that it was my 6 year old that was so fascinated and wanted us to dig deeper to find out more.
We still need to figure out what kind of soldier he was, not sure of the uniform.
But it was a fun time.
Then we headed outside to play on the tire swing and talk some more.
And Madi convinced her dad to bring home a kitty form Bubble's house.
She is darn cute......and Madi plans to name her MayBelle.
She has a M marking on her forehead and is pretty stinkin' darling!
And I don't like cats.......
So that was fun.
It ended up being WAY TOO LATE again once we got the kids into bed.
But it was a very nice sabbath day and I enjoyed every bit of it.
I have loved having these visitors and it hasn't been hard at all with our bathroom situation.....
We thought it would be a whole lot worse!
So we are excited to get some more work done tomorrow.
These guys have been so great and I am so very thankful for all the things they have done for us!
I feel like things are really starting to come together.
And that really makes me happy!
I have tons of pictures, but they are on my camera and I am too tired to get them off.
I promise to fill these last few posts with pictures soon......
But I will add this picture of Samuel, because of one little boy that wanted it printed and hung on his wall, I have it saved to my computer :)



1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

I'm glad it was such a great day!! Can't wait to see pictures!!

I love that Port is so interested in the family history! And that he wants that picture on his wall!