Friday, May 15, 2015

Friday May 15

The Youngs came over this morning to help us out at the house.
Heather and I got the bathroom stained.
It looks pretty great :)
Drew tried out the sander on the floors.
I think it is gonna take a more heavy duty sander to get through the old floor coating.
They all took turns putting the putty down on the new kitchen floors so we could sand that down.
Once it is sanded down, we can put the cabinets back up against it and finish up that part to get the sink in.
I took some time to sand down some cabinets.
We are using the same cabinets, just painting them.
I think they will turn out good. :)
Heather and I also finished taking the blue tape from off the stairs.
Yay!!!!
It looks so great!
It was great to have their help today :)
I feel like we got a lot done.
Brent scheduled the electrical inspection for Monday.
So we will see what happens with that.
We had planned to take brent to get his x-rays today.
But we hadn't heard from the doctors office yet if he wanted the x-rays done with or without the brace.
By the time they called back, we didn't have time to go there and get back before we needed to get the kids.
So we went and exchanged his watch instead :)
He has been going nuts without a watch.
The kids came home, and then it was time to get ready and head out to the school carnival.
It got moved to Lake Hazel middle because it was supposed to be not good weather.
Dad stayed home....
It wouldn't have been much fun for him.
But the kids had fun.
Madi and Karly helped by volunteering to help at a booth.
Cassi spent most of the time running around with friends.
And the little ones and I had fun playing little games.
The biggest hit is always the cake walk.
Elsie won a cake, which is so exciting....she won a cake last year too.
And Porter started crying....just like last year too.
He had this one volcano cake that he was eyeing that he wanted so bad :(
He tried a couple more times to win it, but the last time we got in line, the boy who won right before us picked the cake!
He was bummed.
We were running out of tickets and i told him that if he let us go home right now, then we could go home and make a cake.
(I was ready to be done there....)
He agreed and so I took Elsie and Porter home and left the big girls there.
We made that cake....but he decided to make it an army cake instead.
He was very pleased with the outcome!
Silly boy!
I picked up the big girls and we all just hung out until it got way too late.
I sure hope everyone sleeps in tomorrow!
I need sleep bad!
My cough gets 10x worse at night time, so I am not getting much of my needed zzzzz's :(
(I do have pictures......gonna post them tomorrow...)


No comments: