Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Wednesday January 28

So today was a pretty good one.
The electrical guy came back out to go over what they fixed up the other day.
He gave us a pass on everything, which was awesome.
And he recalculated the actual ampage needs and said that we do not need to run the 200 extra amps to the house.
But he did want us to run the wire so that in the future, if we decide to upgrade the amps, the wire will already be there and ready to go.
So that is just a few hundred bucks vs. thousands!
That is great news!
Even better.....we got the go-ahead for drywall!!!!!
Yay!
So tomorrow, our insulation guy, Marv and his guys will come and fill the holes that the wires are fed through with foam.
Then we can get our framing inspection done on Friday, and then the drywall guys come next week!!!!
YAY!
*****
Other good news.
Port finally passed off his sight words and has started bringing home his 'book in a bag's.
It is very exciting!
For a boy who did not know his letter, numbers or sounds hardly at all at the beginning of the year, he has come a long way.
Very exciting.
My baby can read!
He is getting so big.
*****
Elsie had a fever again, not very high, but over 100, so I kept her home from school.
I kept Cassi home too, mostly because she sounded so bad with her cough, and her feet are still hurting :(
But she had no fever, and I hope she is good enough to get back to school tomorrow.
*****
Dad had his dr appt with the surgeon today.
It went good.
Doc was happy with how he was doing and said he looked a lot better than he had looked at last appointment.
He said that he can do whatever he feels good enough to do, but he still needs to be smart.
We asked him about the super sensitivity happening in his foot and calf.
Nothing to worry about.
Things are gonna change.
And change is good.
Change might still hurt, but it is all normal and healing good.
He did say that the department called, asking about a return to work date.
Doc told them 6 months.
But he told us he thinks it won't be 6 months....but he wanted them to have a buffer zone.
6 months is a long time!!!!
But things are going uphill, so that's good.
*****
We got dinner again tonight from Erin Keller.
I have to say, getting different meals have given me lots of great new meal ideas!
*****
For YW, we made tied some fleece blankets to donate to the hospital.
It was a great activity, and I think the girls had a lot of fun.
Even better....we finished 8 blankets!
Not too shabby!
After Madi and I got back home, Holly Papa called me to see if I was home.
She came over with a few of the Laurels.
They had made a dinner for my family and a yummy apple pie for their activity tonight.
How sweet!
It will be perfect for tomorrow's dinner!
And I think I am on my own after that....
But with things looking up, in all areas, I think I may be able to handle it :)





1 comment:

Emily Peterson said...

So exciting that you get to start drywall!!! Yeah!!

Porter looks so grown-up in that picture! When did that happen?!?!?